This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONProject Architect
At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We re not just designers. We re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. Whether we re refreshing a retailer s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
The Boston office is looking for an experienced Project Architect to join our team. In this position, you will have project responsibilities that include client satisfaction, quality control, and team leadership.
What You Will Do
* Manage multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape, civil and other consultants
* Works with the team in developing site and building design alternatives
* Innovative thinking, balanced with ability to present real-world technical solutions to new design challenges
* Work with the technical director to lead the technical team and consultants to ensure that construction documents accurately interpret the intended design.
* Review and determine scopes of work from consultants
* Resolve complex technical and design issues with the team to produce innovative technical/constructible solutions
* Direct production of drawings, specifications and construction administration tasks
* Create and maintain the project manual and specifications with in-house specifications team
* Licensed Architect (U.S.)
* 5 + years of related experience
* Extensive Revit experience required
* Excellent working knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
* Ability to understand how buildings are constructed and to create technical documents that succinctly describe the work to be done
* Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship-management skills
* Desire to develop junior staff
* Bachelor s or Master's degree in Architecture
* LEED accreditation and experience preferred
Please include work samples along with your resume. Candidates who do not provide work samples AND do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to Well-being Week, our offices reflect our teams diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.