Project Architect - (Commercial Office Buildings Studio)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 3/29/2017
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONProject Architect - Commercial Office Buildings
Gensler is one of the world s leading architecture, design and planning firms, with staff in locations around the world. Our work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability and the belief that design is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing lasting competitive advantage. At Gensler, you will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence.
As an experienced Gensler Project Architect, it s your job to lead a team of architects and designers to deliver unparalleled architectural projects. Gensler Los Angeles office has a growing, worldwide base of Commercial Office Building clients. You will leverage your technical acumen in Revit and AutoCAD to drive client projects from concept through build.
What You Will Do
* Manage multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination
* Manage communication between project team, clients, vendors, contractors, and consultants
* Provide technical guidance and innovative solutions to resolve complex technical and design challenges
* Maintain the project manual and specifications
* Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews
* Process submittals, RFIs, substitution requests, etc. during construction
* Interface with building and permitting officials during the permitting and construction phases of the project
* 10+ years of relevant experience as a technical interiors project architect.
* Bachelor s or Master s degree in Architecture
* Licensed or registered architect
* Experience with Revit (mandatory), AutoCAD (mandatory), Bluebeam Revu, SketchUp, 3dMax, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), and MS Office.
* Working knowledge of building codes, standards, building construction, and building structures
* Ability to complete a full set of construction documents; understands how buildings are constructed to create accurate and descriptive technical documents
* Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills
For consideration, please submit resume and work samples that reflect your experience. Candidates will not be considered without a portfolio submission with resume.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.