Project Associate 8/17/2016
The University of Chicago
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Role
The UChicago Crime and Urban Education Lab are seeking three Project Associates to work on large-scale social policy experiments designed to test the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of youth violence prevention and educational interventions. Each Project Associate will contribute to a portfolio of projects.
The position offers the opportunity to work directly with leading social policy researchers, at the University of Chicago and NYC-area universities, as well as a team of administrative staff, research managers, research analysts, and student research assistants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts thorough and critical reviews of relevant literature.
- Writes human subjects permission protocols and amendments for IRB permission, and obtains other research permits as needed.
- Assists with data collection, management, and analysis including cleaning and assembling the files for data analysis, and conducts field research as needed.
- Prepares sections of research results, including proofing, formatting and creating tables and graphs.
- Assists with the coordination of research activities, communications with partner agencies, and managing project deliverables.
- Assists in writing grant proposals and preparing presentations targeting both policymakers and academic audiences.
- Other duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Disabled / Veterans Employer.
Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact Human Resources by calling 773-834-1841 or by emailing email@example.com with their request.