This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
ThyssenKrupp Presta North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About ThyssenKrupp
thyssenkrupp AG (TK) is a leading global diversified technology and materials group based in Essen, Germany. It has 160,000 employees in nearly 80 countries working with passion and expertise to develop technologies, products and services for sustainable progress. Their skills and commitment are the basis for our success. In fiscal year 2013/2014, the Group generated sales of 41 billion (approximately $51.7 billion).
Globally, the company comprises seven business areas (BA): Steel Europe, Steel Americas, Materials Services, Elevator Technologies, Components Technologies, Plant Technologies and Marine Systems, which serve clients across the automotive, aerospace, industrial and chemical sectors.
In North America, thyssenkrupp companies offer a range of products and services, including: high-performance alloys, automotive components, elevators, escalators and moving walks, material trading, handling and logistics, plant construction and industrial services. In fiscal year 2013/2014, thyssenkrupp companies in North America employed approximately 20,500 people and generated sales of 9 billion (approximately $11.4 billion) in Canada, the United States and Mexico.
In 2011, thyssenkrupp adopted a regional organizational structure to streamline decision-making and take advantage of synergies as well as accelerate new product and service development in the region. As a result, the Group established a new North American headquarters, thyssenkrupp North America, Inc. (TKNA), based in Chicago, Illinois. TKNA provides integrated strategic direction and services for all thyssenkrupp companies in Canada, the United States and Mexico and helps identify new markets and opportunities for growth in the region.
thyssenkrupp Presta North America is a global leader in automotive components technology and the leading steering systems supplier for the automotive industry. thyssenkrupp Presta North America provides the industry with high-quality manual and electric steering columns, rack and pinion steering gears, and electric power assisted steering gears. thyssenkrupp Presta North America is part of the thyssenkrupp Presta AG group, headquartered in Eschen, Liechtenstein. In 2003, our manufacturing facility was established in the South Industrial Park of Terre Haute, Indiana. Beginning with just one assembly line, a handful of employees and 58,000 square feet, the company has grown to over 450 employees and 224,000 square feet. In addition, we have an office on northeast side of Indianapolis where the Procurement and Supplier Development Department, Business Development and Product Engineering are now located. We have a third location in Troy, Michigan which houses our Sales Engineering, Logistics Distribution Center for USA, and Customer Resident Engineering.
Manages purchasing specific direct material and assigned commodities. Develops supplier base according to Central Purchasing guidelines, Supplier Quality, and project business goals. Work involves administrative operations where independent judgment is used and decisions are made within general policies, procedures, and/or specifications. High technical knowledge and ability to interface with both internal and external engineering teams. Localize and develop new suppliers according to Corporate Business Procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Proactive involvement in product development (R&D), including development of new products, and in the production process (production) to identify and drive material cost reduction potentials and measures.
* Conducting cost-benefit analyses and organizing innovation workshops to reduce material cost.
* Ensuring that cluster strategies and market trends correlate.
* Supporting BU/OU activities to harmonize scopes of supply/services while implementing BA/BU/OU and PSM strategies.
* Involvement in BU/OU projects of operating units to provide support and provide optimum input, e.g., on prices, offers, bills of material, and savings potentials.
* Evaluation and development of suppliers from a technical point of view (if required, together with cross-functional interface partners) to ensure steering of volumes towards best suited suppliers.
* Initiation of market monitoring, evaluation of new technologies and production trends to identify new suppliers and technologies.
* Following the guidelines and processes provided by the Central Purchasing Group, Sr. Buyer will be responsible for:
* Prepares and sends RFQ-Packages based upon supplier bidders list to suppliers and reviews quotes.
* Negotiates pricing, terms and annual contracts for Production Material with supply base
* Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals and supplier agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of terms
* Manages, and monitors procurement reporting systems to meet company requirements
* Processes purchasing awards and required purchasing documentation
* Reviewing purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy and procedures
* Prepares data and completes all required forms for purchasing conferences at assigned facility and ensures appropriate team members attendance.
* Supports and provides data to assist the Purchasing Controlling Group in market analyzes and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability.
* Assists in forecasting of annual material and tooling budgets.
* Assists in coordination and management of cost reduction activities related to Supplier base.
* Maintains open communication between internal departments, management, and suppliers.
* Serves as direct interface between suppliers, R&D, and assigned facility team members. Assist assigned facility with problem solving as it relates to supplier quality.
* Prepares and issues purchase requisitions, purchase orders and change notices.
* Negotiates or supervises the negotiation of complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors for the assigned facility.
* Assists and supports assigned Facility indirect purchasing functions as needed. Supports and takes directions for purchasing activities at assigned facility by working with the CEO/CFO to accomplish the facility and Company's commitments.
* Responsible for purchasing of assigned program or platform. Must meet targets of pricing, timing, quality, and parts country of origin as defined by Central Purchasing Strategy meeting.
* Must be able to travel domestically and international as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Engineering or equivalent; or four to ten years related technical experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer and Technology Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of all common MS-office applications and SAP or similar systems. Product Data Management software and Lotus Notes experience is a plus to this position.
ThyssenKrupp Presta North America LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law.
To learn more about thyss