Project / Construction Manager 8/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We have an immediate opening for a client in Chattanooga, Tennessee for an experienced, full-time Development Project Manager. Candidate must live in the Chattanooga area or relocate to Chattanooga for this position. This person will take the project from the real estate/development team and take the project through permitting, zoning, schedules,site assessments, etc. Once accomplished you will prepare to hand off the project to the construction stage where you will continue act as an "owner's rep" for the tenants of the development until the build has been completed.
* HANDS ON PROJECT DEVELOPMENT POSITION FOR FREESTANDING SINGLE TENANT OR SMALL MULTI-TENANT RETAIL SHOPPING CENTER PROJECTS. GENERALLY 20-25K SQ FT PROPERTIES ON 1-3 ACRES. $2-6M IN PROJECT VALUE
* This position will work to secure all permits/ approvals required for the project.
* Manage multiple developments, projects, schedules and activities.
* Coordinate with in-house Legal Department to review and administer land purchase agreement requirements (e.g. Closing Extensions, etc.) related to the due diligence, development and construction phases of projects.
* Review construction budgets, site plans, Due Diligence Materials, Civil, and Architectural Drawings.
* Review Environmental Site Assessments, Geotechnical Reports, Survey's, Title Reports, Traffic Impact Studies, and other forms of Due Diligence.
* Produce value engineering reviews of all construction documents, including project specifications and reports.
* Establishing, maintaining and managing a network of engineers, architects, and other consultants.
* REVIEW AND ADMINISTER TENANT LEASE REQUIREMENTS RELATED TO THE DEVELOPMENT AND CONSTRUCTION PHASES OF PROJECTS.
* Oversee the construction projects (in an "owner's" rep role" to ensure quality and maintenance of schedule.
* Review and management of construction change orders.
* Coordinate budget updates with in-house Construction Department.
* Minimum of 5years of related experience
* College degree is preferred.
* LEED CERTIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE GIVEN PREFERENCE
* Proficient in AutoCAD and Photoshop is a sought benefit but not required
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
* Exceptional computer skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* MUST BE PROFICIENT IN SCHEDULING WITH EITHER MICROSOFT PROJECT OR EXCEL
* Excellent knowledge of real estate contracts & leases, design and construction matters
* Self-starter, problem solver and ability to perform with sense of urgency
* Ability to work independently or within group dynamic
* TRAVEL UP TO 25-45%, AS NEEDED. (2-3 days every other week at project location)