Project Controls Scheduler
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Arcadis U.S. Inc
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
in The Buildings Business Line of Arcadis seeks to add a Scheduler / Project Controls Specialist to our team in New York City. The ideal candidate will have 0-3 years of experience in scheduling and commercial construction work, excellent communication skills and be very knowledgeable with construction means and methods. The position is responsible for the complex analysis and review of project documentation, hands-on experience with Primavera P6 software and the ability to generate reports and presentations for client meetings.
ARCADIS is a recognized leader in evaluating and successfully resolving complex construction issues and disputes, one of our greatest strengths is resolving construction-related problems before they escalate into much larger matters. We provide dispute prevention, dispute mitigation and dispute resolution to help clients through each phase of their project.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Review and analyze complex construction schedules and provides opinions, advice and reports as necessary on project progress as well as predictions of the work moving forward using Primavera P6
* Visits active construction projects and investigates work progress. Confirms progress is consistent with the project schedule and other project records.
* Attends meetings and advises client of actual progress and related cost implications.
* Develops potential recovery plans for time and cost.
* Reviews and analyzes construction claims and provides opinions, advice and reports as necessary on contractual entitlement and quantification of damages suitable for use in dispute resolution proceedings including negotiation, mediation, arbitration and litigation.
* Reviews and analyzes issues and project documentation, analyze contracts and subcontracts to determine parties' responsibilities in light of disputes.
* CPM scheduling and hands-on use of Primavera P6 software for project controls and evaluation of delays.
* Report writing & preparation of charts & graphs to support and present analyses.
* Regularly communicates with clients, coworkers and other stakeholders.
* Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or other closely related field.
* 0-3 years' of active commercial (heavy highway or building) construction experience.
* An intuitive knowledge and ability to quickly understand principals of construction and contractor means and methods is necessary.
* Exceptional written and verbal communications and organizational skills are a must.
* Proficiency with Primavera P6, Excel, Word, and Outlook, is required
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
ARCADIS U.S. requires all employees hired in the United States to successfully pass a background check & drug test as a condition of employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* A strong construction background on large, complex projects is highly preferred.
Project Controls and Scheduling
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.