Project Controls Specialist 8/30/2016
Rancho Cordova, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Kleinfelder is an employee-owned architectural, engineering, and science consulting firm providing solutions to meet our world's complex infrastructure and natural resource challenges.
Kleinfelder has nearly 2,000 employee-owners with offices nationwide and abroad. With over 50 years of experience, Kleinfelder's reputation for providing innovative, commonsense solutions to the most complex challenges has solidified its status as a trusted partner to its global clients and a leader in the industry. Working as a team, Kleinfelder's bright people will deliver the right solutions.
Kleinfelder's Rancho Cordova CA office has an immediate opening for a Project Controls Specialist II to join our team.
The Project Controls employee will:
* Work directly with Project Managers, Program Managers, and Senior Project Control Specialists to support in the execution of all project controls processes and systems on large-scale delivery projects from proposal to close-out phases.
* Work with the Project Manager to create Project Management Plans for project team application.
* Assist in the creation of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), schedules, earned value, and other project documents.
* Provide support for intermediate planning and scheduling for baseline, resources, and progress tracking needs.
* Implement and execute proper controls to proactively support, monitor, and communicate budget, actual status, and forecast costs, labor hours, and quantities for projects. Develop and issue timely cost reports. Prepare and issue cost analysis narratives including recommendations for corrective actions that are used by the project team to manage the work. Prepare earned value-based reports, including earned value curves.
* Assist with preparation of cost proposals in Kleinfelder and Client formats.
* Support Project Managers in contract management/compliance, invoice management, document control, client meetings/coordination, and interaction with AR Collections Specialist team.
* Take the lead in the development and maintenance of periodic status reports to keep management and/or client informed on the project progress.
* Coordination with Kleinfelder's contract department for initiation and completion of Prime/Sub agreement, Certificate of Insurance, subcontractor task orders, and Kleinfelder Master Service Agreements.
* Implementation and monitoring of project document structure to ensure QA/QC compliance, logical tier creation, and coordination of project files through administrative team. This includes hard copy, electronic, and sharepoint filing.
Experience: Self-motivated, minimal supervision, detail oriented professional with 3-8 years in planning/scheduling, cost control, and project administration using MS Project, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Advanced skills in Excel and advanced spreadsheet functions preferred. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing. Demonstrate team collaboration, communication, organization, and self-prioritization skills.
* dependable and keep required work schedules.
* able to work effectively in a team environment and consistently maintain a professional and respectful demeanor/attitude with co-workers, clients, vendors, and regulatory agencies.
* a problem solver with the ability to find resolutions.
* detail orientated with the ability to catch and correct one's own errors, as well as those of others when proofreading.
Education: Associates' degree from a two year college in finance, business, or project management desirable.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)