Project Coordinator 8/20/2016
Falls Church, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Essential Job Functions
* Participates in delivery assurance reviews to ensure adherence to project management policies and procedures.
* Assists in the staffing of projects. Organizes project team members to ensure communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives. Participates in work as applicable.
* Manages costs, schedules and quality by overseeing project deliverables. Ensures schedule and budget are met. May revise as appropriate.
* Performs ongoing review of project status; identifies possible project risks. Recommends and implements risk mitigation solutions as approved and as appropriate.
* Works in conjunction with team members and stakeholders to manage changes to technical requirements, business requirements and schedule of the project. Provides input on possible changes needed based on current project status.
* Manages client, company and project team expectations for agreed upon project performance by obtaining and providing project metrics. Recommends changes or alternate paths based upon performance and metrics.
* Creates executive synopsis, reporting on risk to timeline and budget.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Bachelor's degree in business administration, information technology, engineering or related field preferred
* Four or more years of experience in project management
* Experience working with client vision, business objectives, and critical success factors
* Experience working with delivery assurance principles and appropriate procedures relevant to area
* Experience working with techniques and approaches related to the architecture, development, integration, and deployment of project phases
* Skilled in estimating and common project management desktop tools
* Good communication skills
* Good leadership skills to train, guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
* Creative thinking and problem solving skills
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly
* Ability to manage medium sized projects
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks