This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Presidio, we think, architect, implement and support the practical reality of IT every day. We bring together the best minds in the industry to deliver IT excellence and support the answers to our clients' IT challenges. As one of the largest IT-as-a-Service solution providers in the U.S., we combine experience and stability with regional expertise and the unique ability to cover local and global business needs. For more information about Presidio visit our website at www.presidio.com or follow us on Twitter @Presidio
Our Fulton, Maryland office is looking to add a detailed and customer oriented Project Coordinator to the team. In this role you will facilitate and coordinate the implementation of small scale IT related projects. The Project Coordinator is involved in all phases of the project from obtaining requirements to roll out, while maintaining the budget and project communications of the overall project.
This is a great opportunity to grow your career in Project Management
* Consults with team to coordinate scheduling and maintains engineering schedules within assigned regions.
* Communicates with engineers to update appropriate project fields in internal systems.
* Opens active projects to engineers and enters project information into internal systems.
* Respond to inquiries from customers and follow-up to conclusion escalating if necessary.
* Assists in developing the project approach, staffing, responsibilities, and schedule for the engineering team.
* Reviews estimates for the project's schedule, effort, and budget using best practices and past experience.
* Coordinates work between vendors, customers, sub-contractors, and different teams at different locations.
* Performs day-to-day coordination of all phases of the project.
* Coordinates all changes to the project scope through a formally defined change process.
* Measures and monitors progress at clearly defined points in the process to ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget, and that it meets or exceeds expectations.
* Keeps up-to-date on relevant solutions, products and services.
* Ensures completed projects have been billed and are closed.
* Works cross-functionally on specialized projects and assignments (as needed).
* Proficiency in the English language and reading comprehension.
* Knowledge of administration and management principles, specifically in; strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
* Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures.
* Strong customer service, interpersonal, and active listening skills.
* Operative active learning skills to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
* Superior project management, time management, and coordination skills to plan, organize, staff, and direct the overall production of a project
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Strong critical thinking, appropriate judgment, and logical decision-making skills.
* Effective monitoring, instructing, and quality control analysis skills, to evaluate the quality of performance and take corrective action when necessary.
* Strong public speaking and presentation skills with the ability to manage relationships by persuading and negotiating with others.
* Ability to manage client relationships and negotiate changes to commitments/requirements.
* Ability to review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards
* Ability to solve problems using deductive and inductive reasoning and see tasks through to completion with minimal guidance.
* Ability to apply solutions, technology and products to a business opportunity.
* Ability to sense and forecast problem areas.
* Ability to see details at a close range.
* Ability to coordinate across various groups and functional teams.
* Ability to take direction from executive management.
* Ability to see tasks through to completion with minimal guidance
A drive for Achievement and Effort, Attention to Detail, Adaptability/Flexibility, Analytical Thinking, Cooperation, Concern for Others, Dependability, Innovation, Initiative, Independence, Integrity, Persistence, Self-Control, and Stress Tolerance.
May involve extensive periods of sitting in front of a computer, walking, limited bending, and lifting small boxes.
* 4 year degree
* 2-4 years of current experience with project coordination and administration
* Experience in a service delivery environment preferred
Presidio Networked Solutions LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [Click Here To Join] or call 212.652.5700 for assistance.
Presidio Networked Solutions is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services, please provide priority referrals to [Click Here To Join] or call 212.652.5700.