Project Coordinator Reporting and Network Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 66,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. Aon has been named repeatedly as the world's best broker, best insurance intermediary, best reinsurance intermediary, best captives manager, and best employee benefits consulting firm by multiple industry sources. Visit aon.com for more information on Aon and aon.com/manchesterunited to learn about Aon's global partnership with Manchester United.
* Works directly with Network Service owners and Project Managers to complete implementations of projects, operational (BAU) initiatives, and service requests that require coordination activities.
* Places orders for equipment and services.
* Provides the required communications and status reporting connected to the project.
* Follows the appropriate change management processes when introducing change to the environment.
* Provides the required documentation and artifacts when assigned to a project.
* Secures the required resources for assigned work on behalf of the IS Service Owner.
* Participates in the placing and management of all orders placed on behalf of the Network Services area.
* Follows Aon s procurement process and best practices in placing orders for goods and services for the Network Services area.
* Maintains tracking and management systems for all data related to orders.
* Communicates order status to requesters and Network Services management team.
* Able to provide financial summary reporting related to the work being done in the Network Services area.
* Able to work independently and to escalate issues and risks in an appropriate manner.
* Identifies and champions work efficiencies that result in service improvements as well as hours and dollars savings.
* Builds strong relationships across service centers within the Network Services organization.
* Builds strong relationships with the various Technology teams engaged on a daily basis.
* Understands the Network Services products and service offerings and is able to connect client with key SME's.
* Develops strong knowledge of the Network Services organization and of key SME's in each team.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to establish alliances with other departments and organizations through recognition of dependencies, driving partnership and commitment to the program.
* Solid foundation in using the Microsoft Office suite to produce the metric and status reporting required.
* Excel skills need to be at an intermediate or above level.
* Operational or project management experience.
* Familiarity with core project management principles.
* Knowledge of networking technologies is a plus.
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, a unique internal advancement program, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
All positions at Aon require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, frugality and stewardship, applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2413184
CATEGORY: Information Technology Group
LOCATION: United States, IL, Lincolnshire