This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
Santa Fe Springs, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT COORDINATOR - SimplexGrinnell (Santa Fe Springs, CA)
About the role :
* Assist the Project Manager in managing a portfolio of projects, coordinating with the customer, design manager, construction manager, and subcontractors.
* May also manage their own portfolio of projects independently.
* Will order/track and schedule equipment and material deliveries, assist in ordering and scheduling manpower and subcontractor labor, and prepare written documentation for customer correspondence, transmittals, reports, etc.
* Ensure that accurate paperwork is maintained for each project and that all supporting documentation is compiled, stored and readily available for inspection or query.
* Maintain the master job file and all project records such as change order log, RFI log, meeting minutes, technician time and material tickets, and personnel logs, etc.
* Notify appropriate personnel on changes to work scope and assist sales personnel in creating change order requests.
* Coordinate the permitting process, delivery of documents & drawings, scheduling of sub-contractors, timely invoicing of projects, and the delivery of close-out documents.
Rewards and benefits:
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. #external
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Associates Degree preferred.
* 3 to 5 years construction industry experience required.
* Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, EXCEL, Power Point.
* Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
* Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
* Customer Service Skills.
* Positive Attitude.
* Highly organized with attention to detail.
* Punctual and Accountable.
* Able to multi-task and work on a variety of projects in various stages of completion