This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 2/23/2017
Momentive Performance Materials USA LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONBased in Waterford, New York, Momentive Performance Materials Inc. is a global leader in silicones, quartz and advanced materials, with a 70-year heritage of innovation and being first to market with performance applications that improve everyday life. Our solutions are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living and we work closely with some of the biggest brands in B2B and consumer worlds, covering a broad range of markets - from aerospace and automotive, to building and construction, personal care, and electronics.
Momentive materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Momentive, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Momentive, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
This exciting opportunity is part of Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
Candidates must be physically able to do field work in an industrial environment involving walking long distances and climbing of stairs and fixed ladders.
The Fire Inspector Sprinkler Fitter maintains and controls fire systems, devices and life safety equipment. Provide inspections and expertise across the plant on the full range of NFPA codes, situations and activities. Work within Momentive and OSHA guidelines to accomplish all tasks safely.
He/she will also be responsible for preventive and repair maintenance of fire and life safety equipment. They will utilize computerized maintenance management system, SAP PM, to keep detailed and accurate records and requisition repair parts and materials.
He/she will use knowledge of all applicable NFPA codes to maintain various fire suppression, detection and life safety equipment.
The Fire Inspector Sprinkler Fitter will report to the Fire Systems Utility Leader for the site.
* Evaluate work assignments and develop a safe working plan to perform tasks without exposure to risks or hazards.
* Report the status of fire systems to engineers and leaders using effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Follow all standard Operating and Business Procedures, Safety, Environmental and Health policies and procedure, Quality Guidelines, Plant Standards and Codes including the development of Procedures in job classification.
* Use computer systems to develop communications and reports in support daily work activities (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point)
* Use SAP PM to enter detailed records for equipment repairs, requisition repair parts, report work hours spent on tasks, and complete and close work orders.
* Inspect fire system components and perform calculations to meet applicable NFPA codes.
* Perform repair maintenance on sprinkler piping systems and detection components using knowledge of sprinkler fitting techniques.
* Train others in the use and maintenance of fire and life safety equipment.
* Respond plant emergency s and effectively operate the plant fixed fire protection systems in support of Fire Brigade activities.
* Set the firing order on the plant fire water supply pumps.
* Work with the company insurance carrier to effectively demonstrate our fixed fire protection programs.
* Diagnose and correct maintenance related process difficulties using instruments, experience and knowledge.
* Perform specified equipment inspections; compare findings with acceptance criteria and document findings.
* Safely assist with other maintenance craft work when needed.
* Maintain a high level of housekeeping and safety by using 5S methodology to clean and organize the equipment, storage and work areas and by casual painting.
* Properly fill, label and position all hazardous and non-hazardous waste in identified storage/pickup areas.
* Complete compliance driven action items in Gensuite Action Tracking system related to the fixed fire protection systems.
* Understand, review, and initiate management of change (MOC) adhering to the sites MOC policies and procedures.
* Participate in area and business improvement activities, including but not limited to quality, mechanical integrity and environmental, health and safety (EHS).
* Participate in teams and group based activities focused on continuous improvement
* Participate in all team meetings and site wide meetings.
* Journeyman sprinkler fitter or equivalent experience
* Minimum of 3 to 5 years of fire inspector sprinkler fitter experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
* Pass a qualifying written and hand on test for fire inspector sprinkler fitter skills.
* Thorough knowledge of all applicable NFPA codes with a focus on the following:
* NFPA 13 NFPA 13D NFPA 13R
* NFPA 14 NFPA 15 NFPA 25
* Ability to operate and understand the following Momentive fire protection systems:
* Dry Systems Wet Systems Deluge Systems
* Pre Action Systems Anti-Freeze Loops
* Foam Systems Chemical Systems
* Pilot Lines
* Fire Hydrants
* Simplex Alarm System
* Fire Extinguishers
* Ability to read drawings, isometrics, blueprints, plan, elevation and sketches.
* Proficient in the use of a variety of tools and techniques such as; pipe threading, flange flaring, weld fit up, grooving and alarm device mounting etc.
* Proficiency in the use of maintenance equipment and tools such as, but not limited to; mobile elevated work platforms, hand tools, power tools, test equipment, etc. as required.
* General knowledge of chemicals and their properties.
* Ability to effectively utilize computer systems, as applicable (i.e., SAP, Web based shared site platforms , Time clock systems, NFPA organization sites).
* Ability to train and guide other employees in the assigned areas.
* Ability to work at heights and in enclosed spaces.
* Valid driver s license required to drive a plant transport vehicle (i.e., automobile / van, pickup truck, flatbed).
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.