This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 1/24/2017
P1 Group Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONP1 Group is seeking a Project Developer (mechanical and/or electrical construction) to support all P1 company locations. This position is located in our Lenexa, Kansas Office.
Summary and Nature of the Work
* The Project Developer is a jack-of-all-trades company role capable of performing multiple duties typical of sales, estimating, service/construction project management, engineering, and marketing positions. The Project Developer is responsible for maturing conceptual sales opportunities into actionable projects ranging from energy services to design-build projects.
* This position facilitates the development of service projects, works with sales and project management associates to cultivate opportunities by engaging directly with the client, vendor, subcontractor, or other P1 Group staff/divisions.
* This position directly contributes to the success of the company by effectively and efficiently transitioning sales-to-project opportunities to management and or providing intermediary management services for engineering or investigative projects.
* Experience: At least 3 years of related mechanical and/or electrical experience in technical sales/marketing, estimating, project management, and engineering. High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
* Computer Skills: proficient in using email, database, internet, spreadsheet, and relevant applications: specifically, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite products.
* Customer Service - manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
* Interpersonal Skills - focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
* Reading and Comprehension: must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; to write reports, instructions to employees, and basic business correspondence; and to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, internal customers, and vendors.
* Oral Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
* Written communication - writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
* Mathematical Skills: must be able to use general business and construction/engineering mathematics skills.
* Planning/Organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
* Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
* Reasoning Ability: must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, and he/she must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Technical Skills - assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
About our company
Since 1919, P1 Group, Inc. has created a proud tradition, outstanding reputation and proven performance record in the electrical and mechanical construction and building service industries. P1 Group has established itself as one of the premier contractors both locally and across the nation. Offering a challenging and fast-paced work environment, P1 Group takes pride in its ability to maintain a high standard of excellence along with an ethical and friendly business culture. Additionally, the safety program, which includes a full-time staff, has helped the company win numerous national safety awards.
P1 Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We have a competitive compensation and benefit package.