Project Director 8/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
This most senior level project position is responsible for providing overall management direction to Large Capital Construction and EPC multi-discipline projects on a national basis. The position will manage single projects $50 to $400mm in size or manage multiple $25-$50mm projects. Position is responsible for budgeting, planning and scheduling, forecasting, collections, financial management, marketing/sales, client relations, and project technical support. Identify and resolve technical/operational problems on projects. Develop standard operating procedures in line with company objectives.
* Actively supports the Company s commitment to safety and its Core Values.
* Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
* Provide management direction to large projects, including budgeting and business planning, forecasting, monthly revenue projections and margin calculations, and overall financial management of jobs.
* Prepare bid packages, including scope of work, profit/loss analysis, risk analysis, subcontract needs/qualification, etc. Evaluate job scope and manage change orders.
* Plan and coordinate appropriate staffing of project, including administrative and field staffing levels. Work with human resources, operations managers and other support services groups to ensure projects are staffed properly.
* Direct the set-up of jobsite office and associated site logistical issues.
* Monitor project on an ongoing basis to ensure project is completed according to schedule and within budget; ensure billings and collections are current.
* Work with Division Management in the establishment of standard operating procedures, policies and practices for respective division. Develop project specific tools and procedures to streamline and facilitate the successful execution of projects.
* Represent Company at bid meetings, project meetings, safety meetings, strategy meetings, etc. as needed.
* Work closely with Sales/Business Development Department in the generation, development and pursuit of leads and new business opportunities.
* Maintain accountability for safety within division; conduct required evaluations pursuant to Safety Accountability Program.
* Identify potential serious issues/situations, provide recommendations regarding potential corrective measures, and ensure problems solved timely and in line with company policy.
* Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client.
* Perform other duties as required or assigned.
* 15+ years of experience in operations or project management and Bachelor s degree in Engineering or related field, or 20+ years related experience without a degree.
* Strong knowledge of Capital Construction and EPC delivery models, clients and market services to be provided.
* Extensive understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes and standards and their impact on project activities.
* Advanced knowledge of construction, design, finance and project management.
* Advanced ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize performance.