Project Director - Healthcare Staffing Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 10251-1154
JOB SUMMARY: The Parallon Project Services Project Director is responsible for organization, project and program management, and monitoring of the successful development and implementation of all project controls for projects and programs as assigned. This includes the creation and maintenance of the following project and program control processes:
* Ownership and coordination of the project and program deliverables management process
* Assured compliance with project and program control minimum standards
* Production of overall program status reports
* Day-to-day oversight of key special projects
The position requires solid communication skills to lead project teams, as well as to interface with other departments (including IT&S), business partners, and leadership. The Project Director must be results-oriented with a demonstrated strong commitment and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
Moderate to heavy travel may be required.
DUTIES (INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Actively and professionally communicate with Parallon Business Units, Service Centers, HCA Division, HCA Corporate and/or HCA Facility stakeholders to manage multiple project Business Owner(s) and team member relationships to accomplish project goals
* Author/facilitate strategic documents such as project Charters, Education and Communication plans, detailed project plans, implementation toolkits, and present program and project updates/presentations to Business Owners within assigned projects, programs, or initiatives.
* Proactively assure that Parallon standard project controls are followed by both Parallon and IT&S project management personnel.
* Proactively identify and manage project and program-level risks and issues via documented project / program risk and issue processes.
* Proactively manage the deliverables and change management processes for assigned programs and projects.
* Provide management, either directly or indirectly, of other Parallon Project Management staff to assure quality of work and integration of team members work.
* Mentor staff in project management and controls.
* Facilitate decision-making that is required for progress on projects and programs.
* Assure quality assurance and ensure projects and programs meet all audit expectations.
* Be actively involved in business case development for projects/programs within Parallon as necessary.
* Act in a Parallon Program Management role as a single point of contact and accountability in coordination with IT&S for large scale Parallon or HCA technology development and implementation initiatives.
* Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Management/Administration, or other comparable Bachelor s Degree (may be substituted with 7 to 10 years relevant experience).
* Master s Degree preferred
* 5-8 years project management experience in managing multiple projects and programs to successful completion across multiple hospitals, business offices, or health systems, preferably in healthcare revenue cycle
* Minimum of 5 years of management experience
* Experience leading large-scale system implementations preferred
* HCA and HCA-based systems knowledge a plus
* Hospital operations or healthcare revenue experience a plus
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - PMP and/or LEAN certification is preferred, but not required
Last Edited: 09/06/2016