Project Engineer Air Tools (I)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) is one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Stanley Black and Decker s 2015 Revenue was 11.2B and our Global Tools & Storage division is responsible for $7.1B of SBD annual revenue. Global Tools and Storage is currently seeking candidates for Project Engineer - Air Tools based in Towson, MD.
Job Specifications: (Key results expected from this position in the first 6-12 months)
* Lead product development team in product development of innovative and user preferred professional power tools
* Program management of key development projects
* Utilize Milestone processes to develop and deliver technical expertise
* Technical Leadership of assigned projects
* Develops and refines concepts, prototype and/or specifications to solve given challenges
* Design components and complete unit layouts using a 3D CAD system.
* Employs/utilizes analytical software (FEA, CFD, etc).
* Works closely with manufacturing and suppliers. Utilizes experience and cross-functional interaction to deliver solutions that are innovative, manufacturable, and cost effective.
* Queries customers and works efficiently with them to meet their needs.
* Investigates design issues and test failures and effectively drives corrective actions.
* Understand and be able to apply calculations (Stackup analysis, Spring Design, Press fits ).
Employee Specifications: (Minimum education and experience required and key personal characteristics)
* Four year degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline required.
* Position requires 5+ years experience in development role or related field
* Extensive experience in product design and development
* Proven results in delivering innovative new products exceeding customer requirements
* Strong understanding of core manufacturing processes injection molding, die casting, machining, gearing, sheet metal, forgings, powdered metal, etc.
* Working knowledge of GD&T and tolerance stackups.
* Strong problem solving skills and ability to generate/evaluate creative ideas.
* Mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills, Hands on abilities
* Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
* Basic understanding of material properties (ferrous & non-ferrous, polymer, heat treatment) and the ability to suggest the right material & process based on performance & cost deliverables.
* Self motivated, results & goal oriented
* Excellent communication, organization & time management skills
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.