This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us:
University Mechanical & Engineering Contractors, Inc., ( UMEC) is a specialty contractor operating in southern California, primarily in the commercial and industrial construction market. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 company. EMCOR is the world s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, operations, and maintenance. UMEC designs, builds, and commissions mechanical systems including heating, ventilating and air conditioning ( HVAC), and plumbing and piping systems for commercial, institutional, high tech, industrial, and military clients.
University Mechanical is currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Project Engineer for our Anaheim CA location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Project Estimating ( Take-Off & Analysis)
* Project Scheduling ( Manpower scheduling)
* Manage RFIs ( Requests for Information)
* Prepare Submittal Packages
* Manage Flow of Contractor provided submittal data
* Assist in data population of forms
* Prepare Project Progress Billings
* Assist in Technical Analysis, Trouble shooting, and problem solving of HVAC Air Equipment, HVAC Piping Equipment Systems, HVAC & Plumbing Equipment
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Recommended that the candidate have 2-3 years construction experience and/or bachelor s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management. Needs to be able to demonstrate experience with project administration, project scheduling, productivity analysis, project cost control accounting equipment and material procurement.
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
* Basic working knowledge HVAC & Plumbing Design & System Operation
* Basic working knowledge of Commercial & Industrial construction sequences
* Basic working knowledge of construction estimating
* Basic working knowledge of testing procedures for HVAC systems.
* Basic working knowledge of ASHRAE data & guidelines
* Average proficiency with MS Project scheduling program
* Average proficiency with MS Access or other database programs
* Above average proficiency with MS Excel& Word
* Above average proficiency with Internet
* Above average verbal & writing skills
* Above average organizational skills in handling & archiving technical data
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of employees and external entities.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled