You Know Molex...
You may not see our name on the shelves, but our electronic solutions are inside the products you use every day. We work together with the world s innovators to design and manufacture electronic solutions that solve complex technical challenges.
At Molex, we not only employ some of the most talented people from all over the world, we work to help cultivate tomorrow's breakthroughs. From our corporate headquarters in Lisle, IL to manufacturing floors around the world, the Molex team is dedicated to helping further the limits of technology.
For more information:
* Visit the Molex website at www.molex.com
* Follow us at www.twitter.com/molexconnectors
* Watch our videos at www.youtube.com/molexconnectors
* Connect with us at www.facebook.com/molexconnectors
* Read our blog at www.connector.com
We are currently building our in house Engineering staff and are looking for a talented Product Development Engineer to join our team. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you.
Location(s): Auburn Hills, MI
In this role you will have the opportunity to own the engineering deliverables according to the product development process of new and existing connector and terminal products from concept to production.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Owns design efforts in developing new connector and terminal and involved in all Product Development Phases required to bring concepts into production with minor supervision from Engineering Supervisor and Manager.
* Prepare presentation material for design reviews and customer meetings.
* Develops, updates and approves Design FMEA.
* Responsible for design/product validation plan and report.
* Supports cross-functional feasibility reviews of new products.
* Presents design concepts at design reviews, competitions, and at meetings with customers.
* Leads in customer s Product Design Team meetings.
* Problem solving and troubleshooting in the reliability lab, over the phone or at the customer location.
* Performs and/or checks tolerance studies and other analyses required from the DFMEA to reduce and eliminate failure modes from designs before tool release.
* Checks manufacturing drawings for completeness and accuracy.
* Performs engineering tests and submits products for screen and qualification testing in the reliability lab.
* Coordinates new product development, debug and release.
* Responsible for follow-up, documentation, publishing and expediting all action items of a new product program.
* Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering or 10 or more years of development experience in designing of electromechanical products such as switches, lead frames, plastic housings or copper terminals.
* 5 or more years of design and product development experience in some of the following areas: plastic injection molding, plating, stamping and assembly
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* CAD skills (2D and 3D).
* Knowledge of GD&T, tolerance studies, statistical analysis, DOE and FEA.
* Demonstrated team work skills.
* Strong computer skills in spreadsheets, word processing and databases.
* Previous experience with working in a team environment where the focus is on the larger organizational goal versus individual concerns.
* Knowledge of metals, plastics, adhesives and the basic manufacturing required for their use.
* Project leadership skills focusing in areas such as creating timelines for engineering deliverables, coaching and mentoring engineers, ownership in meeting engineering expectations and ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
* Stack study skills. Minimum a basics knowledge of Finite Element Analysis (FEA), possibly an in depth knowledge.
* In depth knowledge of stress, strain, material behavior, etc.