Project Engineer Avionics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 2/15/2017
Van Nuys, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONProject Engineer (Avionics)Job ID:
Project Engineer REQ ID:
Van Nuys, California Job Description:
This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skills and experience, and contribute to next generation Avionics technology products that support war fighters for the U.S.A. and our allies. You will join a great team of talented professionals with world class technical expertise who take a collaborative approach to engineering and enjoy working together. We are a company on the move, growing in the area of Avionics; with a long history of innovative and exceptional performance, we have earned our place as a trusted provider to our customers. In this position, you will build on your engineering background and team leadership experience to take on a project engineering role for multiple advanced Avionics programs. You will be responsible for project engineering leadership from design through delivery for a team developing cutting edge systems to enhance the capabilities of warfighters for the U.S.A. and its allies. Qualifications:* Bachelor's degree in engineering or similar technical discipline
* 10+ years of design engineering and technical lead experience (or 8+ years experience including a Master's degree)
* Experience leading a multi-disciplined engineering team
* Experience managing projects with budgets of $500K+
* Experience developing plans to achieve technical, cost, and schedule requirements
* Experience with best practices for cost account management and earned value management (EVMS)
* Experience developing integrated master schedules (IMS); proficient with Microsoft Project
* Experience participating in proposal development
* Eligible for a Secret security clearance Additional preferred qualifications:* Active Secret or higher security clearance
* Experience working in a government or department of defense contracting environment
* Experience with Avionics or airborne technology products
* Ability to present to internal and external customers at all levels
* Strong personal leadership, influence, and motivational skills
* Experience evaluating and approving design changes and drawing releases
* Master's degree in engineering or management Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Systems Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - CA - Van Nuys .