Project Engineer - Building Construction
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Ledcor Group of Companies
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
You re a Project Engineer with 5+ years of experience working in multi-disciplinary commercial construction or food processing facility projects. As an integral part of the project team, you will be responsible for planning, coordinating and executing project plans under the supervision of the project manager, and assisting operations staff with safety and quality control.
Join the Ledcor Building team in Irvine, CA.
- Promotes a culture of health, safety and environmental protection on the project by taking an active role in the implementation of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to achieve compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OSHA acts, regulations and codes
- Coordinates and administers the Project Quality Plan
- Implements and maintains project start-up systems and procedures including job site trailer or office, master filing system, project billings, cost accounting system, and project directory
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes; and maintenance of files, logs, drawings, specifications, submittals, and RFIs
- Supports the (sub) contract management / procurement process through tendering and awarding work or supply materials, assisting with the review, processing invoices and progress claims, and assisting with the review of documents and inquiries
- Coordinates the change order management process by securing pricing from the vendor / subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data for project manager review, submitting change requests for approval, and following through with (sub) contract change orders / purchase orders as directed
- Facilitates the tracking of project milestones, assists with the creation and maintenance of the project schedule, and inputs and updates the baseline schedule
- Prepares for project close out by collecting warranties, O&M manuals, and occupancy documents; creating turnover documents; and demobilizing site
- Mentors project team members in order to contribute to their development and career growth
- Performs other related duties as outlined in Ledcor s Construction Operations Manual
- 5+ years of related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience. Experience within commercial construction or food processing facility projects is preferred
- Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
- Able to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, anticipate stakeholder needs, and proactively identify solutions
- Capable of identifying constructability issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions for construction plan and schedule
- Ability to motivate, coach, and guide other team members
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong computer skills with an aptitude for learning new programs; familiar with scheduling software
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Office based position with some travel to project sites
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects of all sizes across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more* Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an EEO/AAP employer; all decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Building Construction USA
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Date Posted 9/19/2016 7:30:19 PM