This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB RESPONSIBILITIES
ViaSat is in the business to connect the world. As a global broadband services and technology company, we are connecting international communities to the internet by offering residential internet service; enabling passengers and operations crews to stream high-bandwidth media, applications, and content when traveling globally on commercial, business or government aircraft and maritime vessels; and empowering international warfighters on the front lines of battle with real-time, secure internet-based intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance for high-requirement missions. We deliver and protect information - when and where it is needed most - with our trusted communications ground systems, infrastructure, and services.
In this role you will manage various engineering projects in an organization chartered to deliver cutting edge satellite communications system equipment for government and commercial customers. These projects entail system engineering, engineering development, engineering validation and verification, and system certification. Your responsibilities will include: ensuring customer technical requirements for satellite communication modems, terminal equipment and software are met; ensuring the equipment is producible and supportable; and developing and maintaining technical documentation. In addition, you will have the opportunity to apply your project engineering skills to a multi-function engineering team and communication skill during verbal and written interactions with the customer, partners, and ViaSat senior leadership.
Your technical expertise and passion will be integral to help us design new networks and service existing programs. You will work closely with our Business Development team and directly with our customers to define system requirements, and will work with our Program Managers and engineers to find practical solutions meeting these requirements. You will be a primary point of contact for all technical communications with our customers and provide best-of-class service and support throughout the entire program lifecycle.
* 10+ years relevant experience in project engineering or systemengineering
* Ability to work between high level requirements to low level system specifications
* Understand schematics and assembly drawings
* Knowledge of production flow and processes
* Ability to create/review test procedures
* Capable of interfacing with all departments in ViaSat, vendors, subcontractors and customers
* Oversee and review work done by other engineers (HW, SW, ME, CE, etc.), technicians and other support staff
* Ability to estimate efforts accurately and thoroughly
* Experience leading and interfacing with teams of multiple disciplines utilizing system's engineering tools and resources
* Ability to perform project and resource planning
* Able to think at the system level as well as the component level
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Math, or Physics
* US Government Position. US Citizenship Required
* Ability to travel up to 25%
* Master's degree in a Electrical Engineering or other technical discipline
* Knowledge of satellite communication
* Experience working in a structured, CMMI Level 3 environment
* Current Active Secret Clearance
Our Carlsbad, CA office is just 30 minutes north of San Diego and 5 minutes from the beach. We know there is more to life than work, and with full gym access, volleyball/basketball courts and meal services onsite, you'll never want to leave our beautiful campus. You can also reach out to help others in the community by being involved in our VPartners program.