Project Engineer 9/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
At Ingevity, we re working hard to fulfill our potential. What about yours* At a time when many companies and careers are stalling, we are not. In fact, we recently became a stand-alone, publicly traded performance chemicals and materials company. We are dedicated to advancing technologies that improve daily living in oilfield, pavement, carbon and industrial markets, and we re positioned to grow at a rapid pace.
We re expanding and continue to invest in our operations to grow our businesses. And we re not finished. We are also, more importantly, investing in top talent. We re seeking individuals who will propel our business to even higher levels of success. We prize creativity and imagination - and our innate curiosity means we re always looking for a better, smarter way of doing things.
Bold. Innovative. Visionary. These qualities best describe employees who work for Ingevity. Our people are our most valued asset, and the foundation of our success.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT INGEVITY:
* Manage and execute capital projects at the Covington facility. Average project load averages $4-5 million per year with projects ranging from $50k to multi-year projects of $20MM.
* Provide engineering expertise to Operations and Maintenance to help resolve various operating problems.
* Manage all phases of capital and expense repair projects from inception through equipment installation, start-up, and project closure.
* Coordinate with Operations, Maintenance, management and other project stake holders on an ongoing basis.
* Lead all phases of the project process to include: project scopes, cost estimates and schedules, "Authorization for Expenditure" request forms, preparation of drawings for assigned projects by working with consultants, vendors, and plant personnel, etc.
* Coordinate the different disciplines within the Engineering Department on assigned projects.
* Analyze quotations for equipment and installation labor and recommend suppliers.
* Initiate purchase requisitions for equipment, labor, and materials for assigned capital and repair projects.
* Manage the direction of consultants, contractors, and maintenance work associated with assigned capital and repair projects.
* Manage the financial aspect of assigned capital projects in SAP to ensure budgets are adhered to and assets are properly created and managed.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
* BS Degree in Engineering with 5+ years related experience with emphasis on project management.
* Interpersonal skills such as building close working relationships and facilitating team discussions are important elements.
* Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
* Adaptability to rapidly changing working environments and operational situations.
* Excellent time management skills, the ability to create and execute to a budget and deadline, and the ability to make timely decisions.
* Physical ability to operate in a manufacturing environment, including light to moderate lifting, walking and climbing, oral communication, correctable vision, and ability to work in a hot or cold, humid, dusty, outdoor environment.
* Excellent computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets, electronic mail and presentation graphics, etc. Experience working with SAP and CAD skills are preferred.
At Ingevity, we believe it takes extraordinary people to create extraordinary results. That s why we harness the exceptional ingenuity and relentless drive of our people to conquer complex customer challenges of today and tomorrow.
We are a talented, trusted and tenacious team, and we push the bounds of what s possible for our customers, day in and day out. We are creative and resourceful, constantly exploring fresh ways of bringing our people, products and processes together to solve problems, big and small. And we are determined to set and exceed standards, developing and delivering high-performance solutions that make a real difference in the real world-enabling oil to flow better, colors to shine brighter, roads to last longer and air to breathe cleaner.
In the end, we know it takes the right people with the right attitude to achieve the improbable. People who understand that there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. People with the ability to solve and the commitment to stay the course. People who work together to create meaningful impact and exponential results, for our customers and the world around us.
With about 1,500 employees worldwide, we operate in 13 countries and serve customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we re doing business, we do things the right way with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.