This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
The Dannon Company, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Danone North America Inc, a subsidiary of Danone, is looking for a Project Engineer--Dannon in the United States (US) for their Minster, Ohio manufacturing facility.
Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis.
For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone truly has something special inside.
In this role you will be accountable for:
Investigation, recommendation, and application of equipment, automation systems, and manufacturing technologies in the Processing, Filling and Packaging environments with requirements of personnel safety, food safety, energy and water conservation for the Minster, Ohio facility.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Management of small, medium and large scale capital projects to deliver the business needs using sound project management knowledge and tools, and full cooperation of the manufacturing facility.
* Ensure that the business needs are well validated by a cross-section of the business and translated into equipment requirements for improving or expanding the plant operations (including new product launches and innovations) and making major repairs to systems and buildings.
* This could include new construction and modification of existing. Project involvement from concept to budget, justification, and design phase through planning, risk analysis, resource identification, implementation, commissioning and closing.
* Participate in and manage requisition and capital authorization requests and accountable for project spending and providing technical and management expertise on engineering projects as assigned by the Plant Engineering Manager.
* Interact with plant teams (Packaging, Processing, Quality, Finance, Management, etc.), Corporate Engineering, Sourcing & Supplier Development, R&D, Danone Engineering Worldwide, and appropriate vendors, suppliers, contractors, operators, and auditors.
* Coordinate and direct the activities of the necessary resources to ensure the safe, timely and successful completion of projects.
* Establish strong, professional relationships with sources of technology including vendors and suppliers, Danone sister companies, and other sources of applicable technologies.
* Writing specifications and referencing Global Danone Standards
* Preparing technical proposals for feasibility study of new concepts, launch of new products, and improvement of current products.
* Assist in development of a master and strategic plan for both packaging and processing departments such as layout, material handling, and utilities needed for project growth
* Continuous improvement of methods and tools used for engineering and execution of project phases, including current equipment and process specifications
* Deliver technical guidance and engineering support to consumer business units
* Act as a consultant to the maintenance department for solving technical problems.
The ideal candidate will have: * Bachelor s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Chemical or related engineering science.
* Five to seven years experience in engineering systems design for the manufacturing environment. Two to three years in a plant or manufacturing engineering environment is preferred.
* Software skills: Microsoft Office, Autocad and MS project
* Ability to work with clients, vendors, and other team members at all levels.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills to fluently utilize a variety of mediums
* Ability to perform in a fast-paced team environment and resolve conflicts
* Must be proactive and professional and able to take direction effectively.
* Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints
* Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously, to establish and adapt to changing priorities
* Ability to work flexible hours, including weekend or late shifts, during installation periods.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Strong "self-management" skills and require minimal daily supervision
* Experience in food or dairy industry or plant production supervision preferred
* Established project management skills
* Experience with TQM, Six Sigma, and Team Building skills preferred
* Knowledge of Project Management process, tools and tasks associated with preparation and execution of capital projects, financial and analytical skills
* Knowledge of high speed packaging systems design and integrated automation and controls technology
* Knowledge of dairy process engineering
* Experience developing plans within regulatory compliance (e.g. OSHA, FDA)
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, please visit danone.com. We have something special inside, do you*
66887.Experience: Experienced professionals #LI-NORAM
The Dannon Company is a US-subsidiary of Danone, a Fortune 500 company and one of the most successful health-focused food companies in the world with leading positions in fresh dairy products, water, baby nutrition and medical nutrition. Danone s mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Our core values foster individual professional growth. We reward entrepreneurialism and innovation. There truly is something very special inside our company. You can see it reflected in our people, our products and our culture. If you like what you have learned, we encourage you to apply and learn more.
Dannon is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: Lima
Nearest Secondary Market: Findlay
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Construction, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Food Safety, Engineering, Quality