This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us:
Performance Mechanical, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc, is a leading provider of single-source industrial mechanical contracting services, backed by a wide range of support programs and processes. We provide our customers with a wide range of industrial construction services, including mechanical construction, plant maintenance, facilities services, process piping, and BIM ( Building Information Modeling).
Job Title: -- Project Engineer
Job Summary: -- The primary responsibility of the Project Engineer is to oversee, document, and report the daily activities of PMI subcontractors on the project( s). The secondary responsibility of the Project Engineer is to prepare and submit all RFI s during the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: --
* Coordinate all work of PMI subcontractors with PMI Project Superintendent, Night Superintendent, and Client to support the project schedule and the subcontractors agreements.
* Status subcontractors work daily to Scheduler by obtaining percent complete of all tasks daily from the subcontractors.
* Maintain written daily log of subcontractors activities.
* Maintain extra work log for each subcontractor. Provide details of additional scope change orders to the Project Manager as they happen so he or she may negotiate and process the change orders.
* Meet daily with the Project Manager to report extra work items, progress, problems, and concerns.
* Provide notice to PMI QC Supervisor and/or Operations for subcontractor related inspections and witness/hold points.
* Attend daily shift turnover meetings to provide to PMI Night Superintendent with subcontractors work plans.
* Morning shift turnover from Night Superintendent to Project Engineer can be by meeting or written report.
* Prepare final subcontractors folders at project completion for turnover to the Project Manager. Folders will include final extra work logs, QC deliverables, correspondence, daily logs, miscellaneous documentation.
* Prepare and submit RFI s as required by the Project Manager.
* Assist the Project Manager as assigned with duties such as: cost reporting; status reporting; project documentation; change order development and processing.
Qualifications: -- Bachelors of Science in Construction Management or Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 5 years experience
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled