Project Engineer - Geotechnical
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
We have an opportunity to add a Project Engineer with a focus on Geotechnical Engineering to our Environmental/Geotechnical team in our Iselin, NJ office. In this position you will take a lead role on projects, oversite of contractors and internal MM technical staff and design geotechnical projects. Working alongside our other geotechnical leaders you will help grow the group and have a direct impact on the teams success.
* Working with project teams on geotechnical engineering projects that involve field work, data evaluation and engineering analysis;
* Documented experience in project management of geotechnical investigations and recommendations for public and private works;
* Documented experience in preparation and review of technical calculations for shallow and deep foundations, support of excavation, and slope stability;
* Ability to perform and train others in field tasks such as test boring inspection, testing supervision and construction monitoring;
* Scoping and assisting in proposals, budgets, and the implementation of field programs
* Conducting subsurface investigations and testing programs appropriate for design and construction of tunnels, HDD and other trenchless technologies, as well as foundations and other geo-structures.
* BS in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering or equivalent, required.
* MS in Geotechnical Engineering or equivalent preferred
* 8 to 10 years of experience with a geotechnical concentration in both design and field operations.
* Significant field experience logging soil and rock as well as log preparation and down hole testing
* Ability to travel, sometimes for extended periods of time, as needed
* Familiarity with geotechnical software such as: gINT, Slope/W, Civil Tech Shoring, Lpile
* Strong communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* PE (preferred) or ability to obtain one within 12 months.