Project Engineer IV - Air Refueling Systems 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COBHAM is seeking a PROJECT ENGINEER IV - AIR REFUELING SYSTEMS that will provide technical leadership of development programs for our air refueling product lines. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
* Provides technical/operational leadership of a project team to complete assigned engineering tasks in accordance with the customer or internal R&D specifications.
* Works within cross functional Integrated Product Teams for the execution of projects.
* Plans, organizes and orchestrates highly complex activities for the development, implementation, and maintenance of engineering projects.
* Monitors project performance to ensure project work scope is maintained, cost budgets are upheld and schedules are met.
* Works with Project Management to create schedules and manage project execution.
* Ensures successful execution of project design reviews in accordance with company standards and/or customer requirements.
* Identifies project engineering resource needs and coordinates assignment of project staff with resource managers.
* Identifies and coordinates with site leadership to provide project required tools, lab or facility capabilities.
* Identifies and leads technical trade studies to select optimum approach to a product design.
* Supports proposal development and new business capture.
* B.S. Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an ABET accredited institute.
* 12+ years' Aerospace Mechanical systems and/or equipment design experience.
* 8+ years of previous Project Engineering experience.
* This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible, you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* Experienced in standard lifecycle development processes such as EIA-632/EIA-731.1 or ARP-4754.
* Ability to create statements of work and perform supplier technical management.
* Skilled in cross functional team leadership and mentoring personnel.
* Excellent root cause problems solving skills and drive for continuous improvement.
* Knowledgeable of 3D solid modeling, Creo/Pro-E experience desired. Knowledge of CATIA or NASTRAN / PATRAN a plus.
* Knowledgeable of system performance analysis tools and techniques, e.g. Matlab, Simulink, Flowmaster, etc.
* Experience in design of aerospace electrical systems, electro-mechanical systems, hydraulics, and controls.
* Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write technical material and present to customers and company leadership.
COBHAM\'S values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defensesystems. And it's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future innovators like you.
COBHAM is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust COBHAM to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
_COBHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EMBRACES DIVERSITY IN OUR EMPLOYEE POPULATION. IT IS THE POLICY OF COBHAM TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR GENETIC INFORMATION. COBHAM WILL REFRAIN FROM DISCHARGING, OR OTHERWISE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST, EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS WHO INQUIRE ABOUT, DISCUSS, OR DISCLOSE THEIR COMPENSATION OR THE COMPENSATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS._