Project Engineer-Land Design
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/13/2016
Gilmore & Associates, Inc.
New Britain, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description:
The Project Engineer is responsible for managing projects from start to finish. They will also take a more active role in public meetings and in the marketing of G&A’s Land Design Services. The Project Engineer may direct junior level staff.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Assist Project Managers and/or Land Design Services Manager to maintain established relationships with Private clientele and development attorneys
• Market and sell professional services
• Attend required meetings; Planning Commission, Board of Supervisors, Zoning Hearing Board, etc.
• Assist with proposal writing
• Provide project management while still providing design services on others
• Review, interpret and implement ordinance requirements
• Interact with township officials & professionals, DEP, PennDOT and Conservation Districts
• Provide design services; site grading, erosion control, stormwater management, site layout, etc.
• Organize and prioritize work schedules of self and others
• Compose letters, outlines, memoranda, and complex reports
• Communicate technical information to those with and without technical understanding
• Prepare and conduct effective presentations
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects
• Report back all information to Department Head in an organized manor
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related area
• Registered Professional Engineer in Pennsylvania
• 4+ years of Land Development experience
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Some project management experience
• Some experience with managing support staff
• Organized and detailed oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrates the highest degree of ethical behavior and candor
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills including the ability to compose letters and complex reports and to orally communicate technical information to others in public presentations
• Possesses knowledge of the Land Development permitting process and is able to interpret ordinance requirements
• Ability to interact with Federal, State & Local government agencies and officials
• Ability to work independently and as part of a project team
• Able to perform in an environment that requires independent evaluation, judgment and decision making
• Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate with others to explore alternative solutions
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, AutoCAD (preferably Civil 3D) and hydraulics/hydrology software
Essential Position Requirements:
• Occasional regional travel required
• Ability to work additional and/or nonstandard office hours, as required