Project Engineer - Mechanical
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are assisting our client with a search for a mechanical project engineer.
Under general supervision, is responsible for performing various activities in support of the engineering and service management functions of the organization. Designs and develops complex engineering systems to service related issues with machines at customer's facilities. Consults with Engineering Management, ElectricalEngineering, Production, Sales, Service, and Customers to deliver engineering solutions to satisfy customer's requirements. Provides feedback to and communicates with Mechanical Engineers and Mechanical Designers about design solutions and root cause analyses of customer issues. Verifies other designers work for accuracy and quality. Continually works to identify potential improvements in engineering designs and departmental procedures. Acts as a mentor/guide to less experienced department employees. Works with Engineering Management and Service Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
* Designs quality systems and solutions using manufacturing procedures within client's guidelines while maintaining attempting to meet customer requirements and expectations.
* Designs systems based on design-function relationships, safe machine design concepts, serviceability, materials and methods engineering, production costs, and client specifications
* Work with production and vendors to understand process capabilities and develop ideas that reduce costs and improve quality
* Acts as a mentor and leader to the other designers
* Maintains highest achievable 5S ratings throughout all areas of responsibility
* Always considers the company Green Initiative when planning activities, procuring supplies or disposing of materials or other assets
* In addition to our core values all employees must follow the Code of Conduct
* Other duties and tasks as assigned
PRIMARY PEOPLE CONTACT:
* Management Staff
* Departmental Staff
* External Customers
* Internal/External Sales Representatives
* Suppliers / Vendors
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ATTITUDE:
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Requires a tactful and diplomatic personality
* Strong organizational skills
* Attention to detail
* Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
* Self-starter (can work without supervision)
* Ability to manage schedule and consistently meet deadlines
* Experience dealing with all types of people
PREREQUISITES (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE):
* Mechanical EngineeringDegreepreferred or a Technical Degree with a minimum of 5 to 7years of experience
* Experience in automated machinery design in a manufacturing environment
* Drafting/Software Skills
* Autodesk Inventor
* Autodesk AutoCAD
* Siemen's Teamcenter
* Microsoft Office proficient
* Material handling experience in the food industry