This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Slate Professional Resources
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur Team has a terrific opportunity for a Project Engineer in Miami, FL with the following experience:
_Client is seeking someone with experience working for a General Contractor, must have 2 - 5yrs experience._
_Candidate should have experience with building either 1) hospitals, 2) aviation 3) retail or hospitality sites, NO CONDOMIMIUM OR RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION wanted._
_Min Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Mgmt., or Finance/Construction._
_Work will consist of 80% in Dade, 15% Broward and 5% Palm Beach county._
Manage, evaluate and assess information necessary to construct the project on time, within budget and to the quality specified by the contract documents. Has supervisory responsibility for Assistant Engineers, Engineering Assistants, and Interns. The Engineer is the individual on the project responsible for building the overall project "on paper."
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Lead responsibility for:
* Acting as liaison with architects, subcontractors, consultants, suppliers, inspectors, other job staff and owner's representatives in resolving issues related to plans and specifications.
* Overseeing and making decisions related to contract drawings and subcontract information. Ensuring that all drawings and specifications properly relate to the estimate.
* Managing the project budget.
* Managing submittals and shop drawings. Assessing conformance to contract specifications. Resolving any conflicts in interpretation.
* Negotiating change orders. Managing information on changes in the work; preparing an independent analysis, as required; obtaining and checking estimates for the changes from subcontractor; obtaining approval of the architect and owner; and resolving any conflicts.
* Overseeing the close-out process. Preparing final records for the project such as RFI's, close-out records, warranties, as-builts, operation and maintenance manuals, attic stock, and spare parts, and evaluating information to insure compliance with contract documents.
* Supervising Assistant Engineers, Engineering Assistants, Plan Clerks and Interns, including providing input on performance appraisals.
* Preparing scope of work documents for trades.
* Developing reports such as General Conditions Items, labor, safety, change order logs and quality control.
* Scheduling and managing subcontractor trade coordination meetings, preconstruction meetings and submittal review meetings.