This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Engineer opening to join our Engineering organization.
Day to Day:
Responsible for managing/leading multiple higher level technical projects including NPI, Capex and Process development/improvement in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment. Interact with various other departments (Quality, Production, Lab, Upper management) regarding current work load and current projects. The position will conduct and/or participate with various customer conference calls and will resolve issues with customers; either internal or external to ensure projects remain on track and customer satisfaction is developed and maintained. What you will do:
The Position will be responsbile for the following:
* Lead IPT by setting appropriate expectations, creating the culture of ownership and holding team members accountable
* Utilize project management skills to lead assigned projects/programs to successful completion considering technical, budgetary and schedule requirements
* Monitor and sustain project/program performance of budget and duration.
* Provide technical support to special engineering projects and assignments
* Project maintenance documentation, process compliance, reporting, Regulatory planning and certification
* Enforce process, procedures, specifications and requirements
* Coach the team to improve and take ownership of all of these processes
* Emphasis will be on schedule fidelity, risk identification and related mitigation activities
* Ensure that all schedule, budgetary and technical variations to plan have recovery/mitigation plans.
* Recommend and implement equipment improvements as it relates to assigned projects. Troubleshoot process/production problems and implement actions/solutions, monitor sustainability of actions and report out results.
* Maintain 5S of all assigned project areas; and verify completion of all TPM activities.
* Monitor projects for safety and/or environmental violations
* Serves as the technical leader of the organization and mentor other engineers.
* Support product development and follow on into production environment.
* Ability to multi task between production support, product development, FAIRs etc.
What you need to succeed:
What you need to succeed:
* BS in Materials, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
* 10+ years of engineering experience (Aerospace or Energy industries preferred)
* Lean/Six Sigma Training or Green Belt Certified (preferred)
* PMP certified (desired)
* Self-motivated with a high level of ownership and accountability
* Leadership, team building, and communication skills required
* Fluent in Windows based software (Word, Power Point, Excel)
* Looking for candidates that seek fast paced work place, adaptable and detail oriented
* Experience in special processing Brazing, Welding, Coatings (LPPS/HVOF/APS/Plating), conventional and non-conventional machining (laser / EDM) - Data Analysis for results
* Component Hot Gas Path turbines (Aerospace and or Industrial Gas turbines) experience preferred
Chromalloy has big plans for the future, just like you. We recognize that it takes planning and hard work to get there. So we offer challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements. These additional items are required for the company to comply with various laws and regulatory rules.
Apply only for positions for which you are qualified. If your work experience, skills and background are incompatible with the requirements of the job, you will not be considered for it.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Chromalloy participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment, including harassment based on sexual orientation, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.