Project Engineer/ Project Manager 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: PROJECT ENGINEER
LOCATION: NEWARK, CA.
DURATION: FULL TIME.
As a Project Engineer (networks), you will work cross-functionally with Sales, Contracts, Engineering, Manufacturing, Product Support and Field Service to design, develop, implement and maintain product networking capabilities within airports.
Working on airport networking projects. Responsibilities will include both taking on new projects and working on existing projects. Requirements definitions, through field implementation/rollout, and beyond. Also responsible for on-going assistance to, and support of, the field, including assistance in EoL replacement part issues.
* Participate in Order Reviews prior to project commencement.
* Develop rack layouts and subsequently bills of materials to meet contract specifications.
* Define and implement standards for the networking of security products (EDS systems and others).
* Assist with development, deployment, and maintenance, of secure network interfaces to support a 'Big Data' infrastructure.
* Assist in developing the infrastructure to support secure remote data download/upload and possibly processing/storage.
* Assist in maintaining a secure environment for customer and proprietary data.
* Assist with performing daily and periodic system maintenance, as needed, at headquarters and in the field.
* Assist with fault-finding and configuration in the field.
* Work cross-functionally to drive support and service networking requirements into new product design and existing product upgrades/field retrofits.
* Identify process gaps and work cross functionally to formulate product and process improvement plans.
* Work closely with your Manager to prioritize business and information needs in a very dynamic business environment.
* Participate in program reviews, technical interchange meetings, and design reviews.
* B.A. or B.S. in Engineering, Computer Networks, or Computer Science.
* Structured computer network training/experience and data security knowledge. Certifications for these preferred.
* 2+ years network security experience, preferred.
* Experience managing multiple short- and long-term projects simultaneously.
* Knowledge of various operating systems and basic understanding of high-level programming languages. Python, C++, beneficial.
* Strong Microsoft Office experience, particularly Visio and Excel (but also Word, Powerpoint, and Access).
* Thorough understanding of product life cycle from design through decommissioning, with emphasis on services and support.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Proven track record of delivering challenging engineering and/or services programs on schedule and on budget.
* Some Database Experience preferred.
* Experience with Cloud servers preferred.
* Ability to perform well in highly ambiguous situations/environments and resolve issues at all levels.
* Experience in new high-technology product development for large electro-mechanical systems, with a significant software component.
* Must be a self-starter, work well without supervision, and accept responsibility.
* Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to form strong relationships.