Project Engineer 5
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONProject Engineer 5Job ID:
Program Payload Integration (PI) Manager Job ID:
SIS20163008-13856 Job Location:
Rochester, NY Job Description:
This position will be a direct interface with internal and external customers in regards to all Payload Integration tasks. This person will be responsible for planning design, integration & test activities, plus execution of those tasks. Manages program level cost accounts and schedule updates on a regular basis. Takes the lead role at program status meetings, reviews and anomaly investigations. Accountable to the Program Manager for planning all PI level design, assembly, integration and test activities across the program including identifying key facility or capital equipment needed for program execution. Proactively communicates to avoid issues while interfacing with the Engineering Design and Analysis teams to secure required resources to complete projects. Responsible for working with the Program Manager to establish baseline schedule and cost accounts. Qualifications:* Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 10+ years of experience in Project or Program Management, Master's Degree with 13+ years of relevant experience
* Experience with integration and test of complex systems
* Experience with team leadership and customer relations Preferred Additional Skills:* Master's Degree in an Engineering discipline
* PMP Certification desirable but not required
* Experience as a cost account manager for larger scale projects
* Experience with MS Project or other schedule management tools
* Strong oral and written communication Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise Program Management Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - NY - Rochester .