This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Balfour Beatty Construction Inc
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Balfour Beatty Construction is seeking a qualified Project Engineer to join our team in San Diego, California. If you have a passion for what you do, a strong drive to achieve results, the ability to solve problems creatively, and a dedication to client service and relationship management, come join us.
The primary role of the Project Engineer is to assist the Project Manager and Sr. Project Engineer with the planning and daily execution of the construction project. Responsible for maintaining certain aspects of the project schedule as assigned by the Project Manager, by managing the process of submittal approvals, coordinating the timely delivery of materials, maintaining schedules and budgets. 30 hours of OSHA training once every four years.
Project Financial Responsibilities
* Assists project management by proactively managing the project budget by controlling expenses, administering owner and subcontractor billings, identifying work not covered by subcontractor s scope of work/budget and ensuring the success of office support functions related to the overall cost and scheduled completion.
* Establish procedures for controlling contract drawings.
* Initiates set-up of the job management system.
* Assists with the scopes of work, bid package development and help solicit subcontractors and suppliers.
* Initiates the building permit process.
Project Start-up and Scheduling
* Assists in the development of the site utilization plan.
* Assists Project Manager / Superintendent in the review and coordination of the Loss Prevention, Sustainability Action Plan and Quality Control Program.
* Develops submittal log, participate in subcontractor project orientation meetings, communicate and coordinate submittals and coordination drawings with subcontractors and the Superintendent.
* Actively participates in subcontractor project orientation.
Project Administration, Coordination and Close-out
* Responsible for proactive administration of reviewing and processing all submittal data and shop drawings to ensure project schedules are expedited and materials are delivered on time.
* Conducts preconstruction meetings with subcontractors, assisted by the Project Manager and/or Superintendent.
* Serves as the onsite quality manager for assigned trades by verifying subcontractor deliveries meet approved submittal requirements.
* Attends and participates in meetings with Architect/Engineer and owner representatives, provides information and assists the Project Manager in the preparation of progress reports/meeting minutes.
* Distributes proposal change documents to subcontractors/suppliers and assists in collecting pricing and/or prepares change proposal requests for internal pricing review.
* Ensures all clarifications, changes, directives, RFIs, etc., are updated on the as-built drawings and are fully coordinated with company supervision and all subcontractor/suppliers.
* Responsible for submitting owner required close-out documents and assisting subcontractors /suppliers in scheduling owner required training and documentation.
Promote Customer Relations
* Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer s expectations.
* Actively participates in industry, client, and community relations to enhance company image.
Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
* Promotes our Creed. Communicates our vision and purpose through Service, Talent, and Choices.
* Serves as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
* Participates in personal career development through on-the-job training, attends operations classroom training programs and assists in the development of interns / co-ops.
Embrace key BBC-wide initiatives, like Zero Harm, Sustainability, and core Values, and does one s part to demonstrate relentless behaviors and embeds them into our culture.
Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
* B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field position. Entry level graduate up to 2 years of experience preferred, or 2 to 4 years of progressive construction related trade experience. Internship(s) or Co-ops with a construction company is desired.
* New hires are required to sign up for OSHA courses and complete them within the first six months of employment.
* Organizes people, tools, and equipment and plan/manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
* Makes decisions under tight deadlines, sometimes with incomplete information.
* Exhibits commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and make necessary changes, using customer input to make improvements, and meeting/exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
* Acts in a manner of integrity that demonstrates support for the company values and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
* Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
The majority of work is completed on job sites in an office trailer or in an existing structure. Due to daily condition changes on construction projects, when employees are outside of the office trailer or structure, they must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by the company's safety policies and as required for weather conditions.
The project team and/or team member may need to move to other projected work geographic locations, if necessary.
Balfour Beatty is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, gender, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other status protected by state or federal law.
#LI-DNP Apply Now