This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
South Bend, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONKoontz-Wagner, South Bend
Mechanical Project Engineers
Summary: This position is responsible for the design of projects, preparation of detailed sketches and engineering reports, and the review and approval of drawings produced by designers to ensure compliance with the design, as sold quote and customer specifications. Employee will work with the Project Manager to ensure communication regarding the project is consistent and concise. Responsible for technical portion of the design.
* Interface with customers for review, scheduling and finished drawings.
* Create all basic structural, mechanical and electrical designs for processing while working with designers as needed.
* Process all material requirements based on final design.
* Provide technical support to staff at all levels.
* Resolve design or specification conflicts.
* Adhere to all quality assurance procedures related to design function.
* Value engineer for the best possible cost.
* Approve drawings and work of drafting staff.
* Release material requisitions to Purchaser.
* Perform function checks, testing and start- up as required.
* Provide customer with design status and technical data.
* Review final as built documentation for completeness and accuracy.
* Review O & M manuals to ensure completion and correctness.
* Initiate request for required changes to projects.
* Perform field start-up requirements where necessary.
* Prepare forms for Quality related to design function as needed.
* Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
* Strong oral and written communication and analytical skills.
* Strong knowledge of high voltage electricity
* Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Projects).
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
* Knowledge of power plant operations, including the interrelationship of engineering with operation and maintenance functions.
* Ability to interpret drawings, engineering and specification drawings.
* Knowledge of engineering standards.
* Ability to adapt to changing customer profiles and ability to work under pressure in a real-time environment optimizing use of time and resources while handling several projects simultaneously.
* Interact with individuals at all organizational levels to resolve internal and external customer issues.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material.
* Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project
* Uses resources effectively to generate solutions; takes initiative when resolving problems.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
* Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
* Ability to type on a keyboard and operate a PC.
* Ability to converse over a telephone.
Education, Training & Certification: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Structural or Mechanical Engineering required. Equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management.
Experience: Working knowledge of National Electrical Code. Thorough technical knowledge of product. Working knowledge of AutoCAD. Three to five years of experience preferred.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.