This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Position: Project Engineer
Division: Hand Tools & Storage | Electronic Tools
Location: Southington, CT
Who is Stanley Black & Decker*
We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Vidmar. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we ll keep making it work.
Within the Hand Tools & Storage division of Stanley Black & Decker we are currently looking for a Project Engineer to join our Electronic Tools Team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on multifaceted projects to bring world class electronic and electromechanical tools to market.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for overseeing new product development projects from inception to productionisation. They will work with product management to identify market needs and potential new product development projects. They will also be responsible for detailing the technical execution of said development projects through product launch.
This position requires travel of 10-15%. Ideal candidates should be able to switch focus on projects/tasks with sensitivity to product launch and highest impact to critical path. Effective time and task management are an absolute must.
* Work with Product Management and Innovation teams to define marketplace needs and initial product scope
* Identify/develop applicable technologies to effectively address product needs
* Work with Engineers and Industrial Designers to develop detailed product specifications and product designs
* Work with Compliance group to develop compliance/regulatory plans
* Perform product design and safety reviews
* Execute productionization plans with international internal and external suppliers
* Coordinate product qualification plans and monitor qualification efforts with both internal and external test labs
* Oversee manufacturing reviews
* Ensure all appropriate documentation is archived per company requirements
* Bachelor s in Electrical or Mechanical engineering (or equivalent)
* Minimum 5 years experience directly supporting Product Development in an engineering role
* Experience with consumer product development a plus
* Must be able to work on multiple projects in a fast paced environment
* Effective communication and a team oriented attitude are and absolute must; we succeed together and we fail together
* Must be willing to learn and evaluate new technologies as necessary
* Must be a highly analytical decision maker with a focus on execution
* Travel 10-15%
* Must have a can-do attitude the desire to go above and beyond in all you do
* Position is eligible for sponsorship
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.