Project Engineer, Sr.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Senior Project Engineer, Esterline Control and Communication Systems - Korry
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Control Systems is comprised of four wholly-owned subsidiaries of Esterline including: AVISTA software and systems; BVR solutions for motion control; and MASON controls; and KORRY HMI display and control products.
Korry Electronics is part of Esterline Control and Communication Systems.
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 600+
Title: Senior Project Engineer
Job Family: Engineering, Product Design and Development
Reports to: Sr. Engineering Manager, Product Design and Development
Works with: All business units including Business Development and Production
Location: Located at Korry facility in Everett, WA
Type: Full Time
The Project Engineer conceives plans, and lead project activities to address product design issues and standardization initiatives for their programs. This position will lead projects of varied scope requiring multi-discipline team efforts. They will also interface with suppliers and customers on technical issues related to their projects product lines. Along with external communication they will interface with the Advanced Design Engineering and Sustaining Engineering teams.
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously ranging from product design teams, technical improvements, design standardization and process improvements while remaining flexible and sensitive to shifting priorities.
* Provide technical leadership and assistance to all assigned projects.
* Foster a culture of engineering excellence.
* Foster a culture of innovation and continuous advancement of the company s technology base and product portfolio.
* Maintain and manage a well-documented stage gate based New Product Development (NPD) process that provides clarity of; requirements, deliverables and expectations, and includes best practices to achieve cost effective design for manufacture solutions.
* Conducts rigorous project reviews, risk assessments, and contingency plans to minimize project risks as part of the NPD process.
* Follows and drives organizational discipline around analysis of project risk, product risk, and manufacturing process risk and mitigation analysis as part of the NPD process.
* Ensures all work satisfies the requirements of the company's NPD process, customer expectations and contractual requirements.
* Ensure product performance is properly analyzed to meet requirements and recommend improvements if required, and coordinate with PMO to ensure product and program success.
* Interacts with customer and supplier companies in a professional manner; proactively communicates with them to ensure an ongoing two-way exchange of information.
* Responsible for monitoring and reporting metrics on key projects, processes and program deliverables to inform management of current status of each project.
* Selects in concert with Advanced Development, Sustaining, Product Management, and Operations correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new product offerings or improvement to existing products.
* Responsible for executing product designs that meet the technical product vision, architecture, and the required technical content to meet customer expectations, contractual requirements and industry regulations.
* Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
* Understand and live by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies
* Demonstrates proven leadership skills
* Thorough understanding of configuration management
* Demonstrated experience with export laws and regulations, including ITAR
* Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
* Preferably experienced with Pro/ENGINEER and AutoCAD
* Customer Focus
* Ethics and Values
* Problem Solving
* Integrity and Trust
* Functional/Technical Skills
* Values Diversity
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Systems Engineering
* Minimum 7 years relevant design experience
* Minimum 5 years of Project Engineering experience
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).