Project Engineer - T&D
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
L.E. Myers Co
College Station, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONWould you like the chance to work within a dynamic team environment, and for a company that has a reputation for a great culture? If so, an exciting opportunity as a Project Engineer awaits you!
Established in 1891, The L.E. Myers Co. is recognized as a premier electrical contractor of large utility construction projects across the nation.
Why should you apply to be a Project Engineer for L.E. Myers? Our highly competitive benefits package is a great start! Our Project Engineers have excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental & Vision insurance, Paid Vacation & holidays, Company paid Life Insurance, a 401K and more! If you were to ask our Project Engineers across the country why they like working for L.E. Myers, chances are they would say, whether you are a seasoned industry veteran or just starting out in your career, there's a place for you at L.E. Myers. This diversity at all levels of our organization is the formula that builds stronger teams.
What are you waiting for, build yourself with us!
Project Engineer Duties:
Project Engineer duties include, but are not limited to the support of functions related to construction management in the electrical construction industry. Projects may include performance of work for federal, state, and municipal clients throughout the United States. Candidate must be able to successfully assist with preparation of plans and applicable specifications and must be able to interface with, and provide general project support to various coworkers from the field to senior project professionals. This position will start in College Station, TX but will move to other projects nationwide. Travel is required.
* Construction monitoring tasks including interpretation of applicable construction drawings
* Assist with the review of plans and specifications and prepare a checklist of contract features which require periodic attention and list items the sub-contractor must submit for approval prior to the start of the work
* Assist with cost estimates as needed
* Ensure maintenance of accurate records
* Assist with preparing statements of work, submittals, change management, and necessary daily and weekly reporting
* Promote safety in construction operations and ensure compliance with safety requirements
* Inspect equipment, material, workmanship, and finished construction
* Check progress of work in the field
* Observe work in progress to ensure that procedures are followed and materials used conform to specifications
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
* TRAVEL IS REQUIRED
Project Engineer Qualifications:
* Bachelor of Science degree in construction management, engineering, or business degree
* Willingness to relocate per project and long term travel required
* 1 year or more of general construction, labor, or project experience preferred
* Ability to understand the construction process and working around and with heavy equipment and operations
* Ability to think practically in order to solve office and job-site problems and interface effectively with field to senior project personnel
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Proficient computer skills including MS Word and Excel
* Apply online at: www.myrgroup.com. For an application, email or call our employment hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.