Project Engineer- Transportation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/6/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Typical Tasks/Scope of Work:
* Performs drafting, engineering computations, and review of plans for projects
* Directs or coordinates field operations involved in gathering and compiling data for the planning, design, construction, and maintenance of facility/systems;
* Assists in the review of design plans and contract specifications, engineering cost estimates, construction schedules, and engineering studies prepared by others;
* Prepares plans under supervision; provides engineering calculations to support planning and design of new facility/ system or improvements to existing facilities/systems;
* Inspects construction projects or assists in inspections; conducts field tests; gathers samples of materials for laboratory testing;
* Writes engineering specifications;
* Makes cost and quantity estimates;
* Collects, computes, and compiles engineering data;
* Conducts research and prepares detailed engineering reports and other document
* Prepares and reviews Requests for Proposal (RFPs), contract compliance reports, and other reports and documents;
* Makes project presentations to technical staff;
* Performs related work as required.
When assigned as a project manager, subject to general review:
Responsible for technical details of an entire project, such as planning, design, and contract documents, typically involving project coordination and administration;
Resolves technical problems concerning the planning, design, construction, maintenance and operation of facilities;
Performs other related duties as required.
Candidate Specification Required qualifications:
* B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering required.
* 5-10 years experience in the design, permitting and construction management of transportation projects.
* Successful candidate will show strong design and management of highway projects
* Prior experience as a technical lead to less experienced engineers.
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD and BIM a plus.
* PE or ability to obtain within one-year required.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals