This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Gilmore & Associates, Inc.
new britain, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description: (Positions available in New Britain and Langhorne Offices)
The Project Engineer will execute technical work assignments and may be responsible for managing municipal projects from start to finish and handling the day-to-day tasks that accompany representing a municipality. They will take an active role in public meetings. The Project Engineer may also direct junior level staff.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Assist Project Manager to maintain established relationships with Municipal clientele.
• Attend required public meetings; Planning Commission, Board of Supervisors, Zoning Hearing Board, etc.
• Provide design services and project management on municipal capital improvement projects
• Prepare Federal and State regulatory permit applications and plans
• Prepare bid plans and specifications
• Perform site investigations, construction observation and field reconnaissance
• Review subdivision and land development plans for compliance with applicable municipal ordinances
• Prioritize and manage multiple clients/projects
• Market and sell professional services
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related area
• Registered Professional Engineer in Pennsylvania
• 4+ years of Municipal Engineering experience
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Some project management experience
• Some experience with managing support staff
• Organized and detailed oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrates the highest degree of ethical behavior and candor
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills including the ability to compose letters and complex reports and to orally communicate technical information to others in public presentations
• Possesses knowledge of the Municipal approval process and is able to interpret ordinance requirements
• Ability to interact with Federal, State & Local government agencies and officials
• Ability to work independently and as part of a project team
• Able to perform in an environment that requires independent evaluation, judgment and decision making
• Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate with others to explore alternative solutions
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, AutoCAD (preferably Civil 3D) and hydraulics/hydrology software
Essential Position Requirements:
• Occasional regional travel required
• Ability to work additional and/or nonstandard office hours, as required