Project Lead, Mortgage Servicing Systems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 2/9/2017
Mount Laurel, NJ
Lead and/or participate on multiple technology, process improvement, reporting, client or vendor projects related to Mortgage Servicing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Partner with Stakeholders including business leaders/SME s, IT, clients/investors, and vendors to define project goals, timelines and required resources
* Plan and facilitate meetings and ensure meeting minutes and action items are distributed timely
* Actively participate as core member on assigned projects
* Responsible for identifying and reducing costs and risks where possible through the evaluation of current business methods and processes, analysis, trending, and the promotion of technological resources.
* Lead the process of documenting current process/systems and gather and document business and functional specifications for new or modified business processes/systems
* Prepare impact analysis identifying how change will impact policies, procedures, people and systems
* Perform operational risk assessment at initial change review and pre-implementation release to identify potential risks and anticipated points for resistance and develop recommendations to mitigate and address concerns
* Develop and maintain detailed projected plans and issues logs; routinely providing updates to the department manager on project issues, plans and directions
* Coordinates and assists with user acceptance testing by developing and monitoring test strategies/plans and testing results
* Responsible for development of Access databases
* Responsible for analyzing requirements, developing and producing reports using various query building and report writing software to streamline processes and to ensure compliance with PHH procedures and investor guidelines
* Become a SME on company data repository, query tools, business processes and Servicing Systems
* Gathers and documents procedure requirements from functional user groups and then develops and maintains Visual Basic code to automate redundant processes
* Assists in the development of training initiatives and provides support of various mortgage servicing software to other business analysts in Servicing
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
* Bachelor s degree (or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience) in MIS, Economics, Finance or Marketing required
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in a project management or a leadership capacity required
* Experience in Mortgage Servicing preferred
* Experience in Information Technology or Management Information Systems preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Analytical, with an ability to identify and resolve problems
* Well organized, paying close attention to detail
* Ability to manage multiple priorities in a timely manner
* Ability to meet the needs of internal and external customers by delivering high quality service
* Rapidly adapts to changing information, conditions and/or unexpected obstacles
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Operates effectively in a team environment as well as independently
TRAINING / LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
* Must pass PHH Corporation s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
* Behaves as a Leadership Role Model
* Builds Strong Working Relationships
* Drives and Delivers Exceptional Results
* Customer/External Focus
* Intermediate to Advance skills with Access and query building software
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, etc.)
* Proficiency with Mortgage Servicing Platforms (e.g. Black Knight, LPS, etc.) preferred
* Intermediate to Advanced Visual Basic or other programming languages preferred
* Knowledge of SQL preferred
TRAVEL / WORK SCHEDULE
* 8:30 am 5:00 pm M-F
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
The requirements and the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.