This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Webrecruit North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONProject Leader
$Competitive Wage Plus Relocation Package (if required)
Providing exceptional packaging systems that lead the market in North America, our client is now seeking a Project Leader to join their team in Chicago.
If you are a hands-on production supervisor with experience of Lean manufacturing, this is an excellent opportunity to take on a fresh, new challenge with a successful business.
Our client has exciting plans to install IPS film conversion equipment, which will operate as a manufacturing cell within their leading factory. In this important position, you'll have the chance to play a key role in facilitating the success of this project.
What's more, for the right candidate, there will be the opportunity to progress into a Production or Plant Manager position in the future, making this the ideal role in which to develop a rewarding career.
As the Project Leader, you'll be responsible for the successful installation, start-up and operation of our client's IPS manufacturing cell.
Liaising with suppliers and colleagues, you'll create an equipment installation, commissioning and start-up plan, as well as basic process control plans using Lean principles.
You'll develop training materials for jobs and develop employees' skills to ensure that they perform tasks to the highest standards.
Once you've successfully launched 24/7 operations within the cell, you'll integrate this new line into the plant and lead Lean transformation initiatives to enhance manufacturing processes.
To be considered, you must have:
- At a minimum, four years' experience within a Lean manufacturing environment
- At least three years' experience as a production supervisor, gained with a flexible packaging manufacturer, polyethylene film producer or similar
- Experience of leading production activities using Lean principles
- Previous experience of creating and using training process, preferably with TWI concepts
- A track record of leading production activities in a short lead time manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable leadership skills, business acumen and strategic vision to contribute to the continuous improvement of the organization
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent), ideally in a technical discipline
Analytical and organized, as the Project Leader, you must be commercially astute with strong prioritization skills. A pragmatic approach to problem-solving and excellent time-management abilities are also key.
Ideally, you'll have experience with start-up projects, but this is by no means essential. A Six Sigma certification would also be advantageous, as would a continuous improvement background.
To apply for the role of Project Leader, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Web Recruit LLC. Web Recruit, LLC is in the business of performing recruitment services.
Additional Keywords: Project Leader, IPS Cell Leader, Manufacturing Cell Leader, Project Manager, Production Project Manager, Manufacturing Project Manager, Plastics Production Supervisor, Packaging Production Supervisor, Production Supervisor, Production Team Leader, Manufacturing Team Leader, Manufacturing, Production.