Project Leader, Engineering 9/17/2016
Gilead Sciences, Inc
Foster City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
This position in the Engineering Group has responsibility for leading large, complex, ground-up projects at Foster City Campus to successful completion with minimal oversight from management. This position is responsible to ensure project is completed on-time and under-budget.
Responsible for effective project management of all project phases: initiation, planning, execution, control, and closure. Role requires excellent internal and external collaboration and influencing skills. This position requires the ability to lead diverse, cross functional teams in the successful execution of projects. Work is self-directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
* Lead a cross-functional team to program, design, construction, commission, and qualification of ground-up laboratories, pilot plant, and manufacturing facilities.
* Provides strong project team leadership and champions project team collaboration.
* Provides regular project status updates and presentations to senior management and steering committees.
* Accountable for achieving the project s identified cost, schedule, and scope without compromising quality.
* Makes project related scope, cost, and schedule decisions in consultation, as appropriate with project stakeholders and engineering management staff.
* Influences and negotiates with project team and project stakeholders to gain alignment and win concessions without damaging relationships.
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and conflicting priorities across a broad range of facilities, engineering, and process disciplines
* Effectively communicates with and influences all levels of the organization. Exercises excellent judgment in determining appropriate project communications to internal and external stakeholders.
* Proactively partners with other groups/functions within Facilities and with strategic partners (Finance, Procurement, Legal, Information Technology, Risk Management, etc.) to set and meet project objectives, adhere to business processes impacting project planning/execution, and to implement business process changes.
* Proactively partners with assigned clients and stakeholders (PDM and Research) to execute capital projects that support business objectives.
* Effectively and constructively challenges the status quo, identifying better ways to accomplish department and project objectives.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* 8+ years of work experience in project management and engineering role with a Bachelor s degree in engineering or other relevant technical fields.
* Special knowledge requirements include pharmaceutical/biotechnology processes and facility design approaches, plus solid understanding of cGMP requirements.
* Exceptional leadership, interpersonal communications, negotiation, collaboration, and management skills.
* Proven expertise in effectively applying and/or developing advanced project management tools and methodologies.
* Effective oral, visual and written communication skills with the ability to listen effectively.
* Resilience & flexibility with the ability to react to changes quickly, and the ability to apply knowledge to new problems and new contexts.
* Graduate degree or certification in Project Management (i.e. PMI certification) or additional relevant management training desirable.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster at :