Investor Accounting Project Leader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 4/21/2017
Mount Laurel, NJ
Lead assignment, assumption and recognition (AAR) agreements and securitization contract reviews as well as consolidated billing initiatives in connection with historical as well as prospective subserviced clients to ensure that PHH has processes and procedures in place to comply with contractual terms. Monitor status of outstanding billings from Fannie Mae pertaining to repurchase agreements, paid-in-full, loan modification incentives and modification advances to ensure timely resolution and payment. Identify opportunities for technological enhancements, process and reporting improvement and relevant client projects related to Mortgage Servicing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Coordinate all activities pertaining to Investor Accounting projects, including scheduling, following up, maintaining minutes, etc.
* Partner with Stakeholders (Legal, Servicing Departments, etc.) in connection with reviewing contracts with a specific focus on the impact to investor reporting as well as identifying billable fees
* Responsible for identifying and reducing costs and risks where possible through the evaluation of current business methods and processes, analysis, trending, and the promotion of technological resources particularly in connection with investor billing functions.
* Lead and coordinate the process of implementing a fully automated consolidated billing function which ensures all contractual fees are considered along with annual Consumer Price Index (CPI) adjustments
* Prepare impact analysis identifying how consolidated subserviced billing changes will impact policies, procedures, people and systems
* Modify and maintain policies and procedures in connection with the investor billing functions
* Develop and maintain monthly dashboards for Investor Accounting and Default Post Closing and identify trends Develop and maintain detailed projected plans and issues logs; routinely providing updates to the department manager on project issues, plans and directions
* Coordinate and assist with user acceptance testing by developing and monitoring test strategies/plans and testing results in connection with the billing system as well as other projects
* Become a SME in connection with the investor contract structure especially in connection with billable fee components
* Coordinate with Legal and review monthly AAR s in connection with Barclays and other monthly transactions. Coordinate feedback and determine impact to other areas within Servicing and communicate any comments or feedback to counsel. Track to ensure deadlines are met.
* Monitor Fannie Mae billings in connection with Fannie Mae repurchases/payoffs/modification incentives and modification advances. Appeal and dispute bills, where applicable, and maintain billings to ensure there are no outstanding items greater than 90 days.
* Coordinate quarterly REG AB and USAP meetings and document minutes evidencing such criteria is being monitored and measured (via defect rates)
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
* Minimum of 3 years experience in Mortgage Servicing required
* Minimum of 2 years experience in a project management or leadership capacity required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Analytical, with an ability to identify and resolve problems
* Well organized, paying close attention to detail
* Ability to manage multiple priorities in a timely manner
* Ability to meet the needs of internal and external customers by delivering high quality service
* Rapidly adapts to changing information, conditions and/or unexpected obstacles
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Operates effectively in a team environment as well as independently
TRAINING / LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
* Must pass PHH Corporation s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
* Behaves as a Leadership Role Model
* Builds Strong Working Relationships
* Drives and Delivers Exceptional Results
* Customer/External Focus
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
TRAVEL / WORK SCHEDULE
* 8:30 am 5:00 pm M-F
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
The requirements and the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.