Project Management Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
United Parcel Service, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The Project Management Supervisor ensures Social and Digital deliverables for Enterprise Release projects (driven by Enterprise Strategy) are delivered on time, within scope, and within budget. He/She facilitates collaboration between Social and Digital Communications and project sponsors, Customer Technology Marketing, Customer Information Management, Customer Technology, International Marketing, and other business groups. The Project Management Supervisor reports to the Senior Project Manager.
The Project Management Supervisor closes and transitions Social and Digital Communications projects ensuring project results, via web analytics, are documented and measured with key deliverables, issues, resolutions and open items to determine their effectiveness. This position will also be responsible for developing and monitoring social and digital communications project plans in addition to evaluating the risk level while resolving and managing social and digital project defects. The Project Management Supervisor will communicate and negotiate project plans to social and digital project teams to ensure mutual understanding and timeliness in order to keep key stakeholders informed of the progress.
* Identifies and documents critical tasks to mitigate risks (e.g., resource constraints, requirement issues, etc.).
* Conducts weekly status meetings with Interactive Communications project teams to keep project in scope and on time.
* Manages Interactive Communications deliverables to and from cross-functional teams and sponsors to secure sign-off and enable next steps in the project lifecycle.
* Adjusts project plans and timelines as needed to reflect approved changes.
* Prepares and delivers management briefs to communicate project status.
* Utilizes formal processes to receive and assess issues.
* Documents and communicates status to overall project team to ensure understanding of resolutions.
* Assigns valid defects to appropriate resources to ensure defects are repaired.
* Applies Problem Definition & Structuring Knowledge: Adept at thoroughly defining problems and structuring analytical paths to solving them; disaggregates problems into key issues to efficiently solve them; selects efficient analytical approaches that fit the situation.
* Applies Service, Product, and Customer Technology Knowledge: Demonstrates familiarity with the core service offerings across business units and deep familiarity with product, service, and customer facing technology offerings of at least one business unit; demonstrates knowledge of competitors' offerings and the features of their products, services, and customer facing technology solutions; describes types of customers that would benefit from selected offerings; compares and contrasts UPS's and competitor's products, services, and customer facing technology solutions; able to compare and contrast the customer's experience of engaging with UPS and primary competitors across all touch-points; summarizes positive and negative gaps; develops plans to leverage advantages and correct disadvantages.
* Budget Management: Tracks expenditures against financial targets; describes impact of area s budget on organizational financial plan.
* Communication Design and Management: Designs messaging and visuals for appropriate audience; specifies needs and requirements for new communication programs; identifies and addresses logistical issues with communication programs.
* Conducts Research: Identifies the business problem that requires research; identifies sources of information that are relevant to a problem; reviews literature and data related to the research question; summarizes information from data sources.
* Detail Orientation: Distinguishes between big picture concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail.
* Develops and Manages Marketing Research: Familiar with common marketing research methods; develops sample lists for research projects, incorporating all defined research criteria; helps guide sample plan development based on knowledge of data available and/or restrictions; manages sample lists across projects to avoid respondent fatigue or annoyance; assists with analysis of results.
* Negotiation: Demonstrates an understanding of negotiation techniques; identifies stakeholders/participants that should be involved in negotiations; demonstrates an understanding of each party s objectives.
* Project Management: Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for moderately complex and medium duration projects as well as basic programs; defines most of the initiatives project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; develops recommendations on best way to fulfill the project requirements given the current project and organizational dynamics; overcomes basic organizational resistance to cross-functional demands; demonstrates ability to successfully apply the project management discipline and remains current on project management practices and tools.
* Technology Implementation: Modifies or adjusts logistics, schedule, rollout plans, or support material; identifies and communicates routine implementation issues and plans; uses existing plans to implement technology solutions.
* Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Business Communications or Journalism ~ Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity