This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for PROJECT MANAGER for our client in ATLANTA, G
JOB TITLE: PROJECT MANAGER
JOB LOCATION: ATLANTA, GA
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
This requisition is for an Information Technology Project Manager
The selected candidate will serve as project manager on multiple IT projects. Primary focus of most of the projects will be from an enterprise-wide perspective rather than functional business application standpoint. Most projects will involve web development components. Expectations are that the PM will independently drive the activities of the project, develop a schedule for project milestones, maintain project scope, set task deadlines, monitor staff progress, schedule and conduct meetings as required, develop and communicate project status, proactively drive the resolution of outstanding issues and project variances.
* 5-7years project management experience effectively managing information technology projects from requirements gathering to close-out phases. Project experience must include new development; hardware evaluation, installation and configuration and large scale external customers. Experience must also include enterprise -wide type projects, not only functional.
* 5years project management experience managing multiple projects simultaneously. Experience must include projects comprised of weak and balanced matrix team members who did not report directly to the PM
* 5years' experience using an established project management methodology including managing standard deliverables, risks, issues and escalation.
* Provide 7years of work experience demonstrating strong problem solving skills.
* Well-developed communication skills - oral, written, listening. Good analytical and negotiation skills, and close attention to detail.
* Must have excellent leadership, interpersonal, and motivation skills.
* Knowledge of PMBOK and PMI principles.
* Expert level knowledge of standard PM tools (Primavera, MS Project, Visio, and MS Office Suite)
* BA/BS degree with major in Business or Computer Science or 10+ year's comparable business experience.
* PM experience in the public/private sector dealing with Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Statements of Need (SON).
* PMP Certification (Certification verification must be maintained by vendor and provided at interview).
* Solid knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle