Project Manager 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Technology is enabling financial technology upstarts to challenge traditional banks in consumer finance with speed, simplicity and consumer friendly products. If you'd like to play a key part in the future of a highly successful company poised for years of greatness, come join the GreenSky team.
Since 2006, our company's people, process and technology solutions have played a critical role in transforming business and consumer credit, enabling more affordable access to financing. We have built relationships with retailers and merchants in all 50 states by providing their customers loans through our bank partnerships. We are one of the fastest growing fin-tech startups in North America, more than doubling in size over the past year.
Our corporate headquarters is located in Atlanta, Georgia with a second operational facility in Crestview Hills, Kentucky.
POSITION: PROJECT MANAGER - PMO OFFICE
Responsible for actively supporting and/or leading complex projects or programs including the planning, management, and implementation of the assigned project across the business. Critical projects are aimed at accomplishing broad, long-term strategic objectives such as enhancing revenue, improving quality and/or efficiency, improving the processes, affecting cost savings, advancing technological development, impacting talent management, advancing teammate capabilities, implementing new product initiatives, or other strategic priorities. Roles will not only assist in creating critical project and program management deliverables (e.g. Project Charter, Project Plans, Critical Issues Log, Analysis, etc.), but will also be expected to support the team in achieving priorities, goals and strategies with key stakeholders. Applies various technical disciplines such as process improvement, data analysis, and facilitation. Provides objective advice, expertise and specialist support skills with the aim of creating value and maximizing growth, or improving the business performance of their clients.
Provides oversight and direct leadership on multiple concurrent projects/programs of varying size up to and including enterprise transformational initiatives within multiple functional areas at any given time. Leads teams or multiple teams of internal and/or external resources on a project basis. Ensures that business cases are developed for budgeting, planning, and tracking or revenue and expense. Ensures that program activities are on a path to deliver benefits realization. Ensures collaboration with key functional partners in the implementation of initiatives. Key contributor in developing financial realization measures. Works closely with, and provides direction to technology leads to support project needs. Influences and leads large-scale change initiatives and plans and coordinates closely with function managers and subject matter experts. Provides project-related performance evaluations on project resources. Proactively challenge the performance of current systems and processes and identifies risks and develops solutions and/or processes and ensures necessary risk mitigation steps are built into the processes. Readily recognizes solution and determines at what point issues require escalation to management.
LOCATION: Atlanta, Georgia
ORGANIZATIONAL: This position is a member of the PMO team and reports to a Senior Project Manager.
* Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
* 5 - 7 years progressive related experience in either a consulting, project management or process improvement related role
* Strong skills and experience in issue resolution, influencing team members and other stakeholders, conduct difficult negotiations and managing to stringent timelines for project deliverables
* Demonstrated superior understanding of business and technology organization, resources, priorities, needs and policies
* Demonstrated leadership in the implementation of complex Programs and Projects.
* Experience with the Waterfall Software Development Life Cycle.
* Ability to bring clarity to ambiguous assignments
* Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong skills in MS Office Suite
* Scrum Master experience
* PMP, ACP, CSM and/or PgMP
* Financial Services experience
* Certification in Lean, Six Sigma, process improvement, facilitation and project management methodologies
* Experience implementing large/complex initiatives across a matrix organization
* Superior working knowledge of business matters, finance, planning, and forecasting
* In-depth knowledge of management and planning systems theory and practical application to complex initiatives
* Experience with financial measurements and metrics.
GreenSky is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employer or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.