Project Manager 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities
Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the implementation of Communication System Projects and will act and be recognized as the leader / focal point for all aspects of assigned project(s). Responsible for delivering the contractual scope, on schedule and within budget, while maintaining customer satisfaction.
Must be able to utilize PM tools (schedule, critical path analysis, budget, change order, risk assessment, action item log, etc) to analyze complex issues and develop resolutions for any issues related to assigned project(s). The PM is responsible for allocating all necessary resources to meet project objectives, corporate financial, and customer satisfaction goals. The project manager is responsible for direct communication to customer's organization and relevant senior stakeholders internally by conducting project reviews throughout the life of the project. In addition, the project manager is responsible for the overall pre-tax profit of all projects.
Leads small projects or portions of larger projects. Directs and coordinates the work activities of project team.
Demonstrates awareness of all nine areas of project management knowledge (PMBOK)
*, PRINCE2, or applicable PM standard with a firm understanding of two. Has knowledge of at least one major project phase. Is a major contributor to the development of the project plan.
Contributes to the fulfillment of projects and organizational objectives.
Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions and/or recommendations may require the allocation of additional resources to correct and/or achieve project goals.
Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes project progress.
Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of the project.
Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Leads and directs the work of others.
* Develop a clear understanding of all contract requirements
* Responsible for all the required planning, organizing and directing of both the internal Motorola resources and/or subcontractor personnel to ensure project requirements (cost, scope and schedule) are being met.
* Responsible to forecast all project revenue and be prepared to speak to variances and changes.
* Responsible for managing the project budget and working to find ways to improve margin.
* Is expected to utilize strong change management methodologies to improve Motorola margin and revenue performance where appropriate.
* Identifies and mitigates project risks; develops and implements risk mitigation plans.
* Responsible for all communications to relevant stakeholders in both the customer's organization and our internal Motorola organization. This will include all internal reporting requirements
- including but not limited to Briefing Room Reports and Periodic project reviews.
* Responsible for generating appropriate statements of work, and estimation of costs.
* May be asked to participate in special initiatives for driving process improvement within the organization.
Bachelor's degree required or relevant business experiences
* 3+ years of system engineering or project management experience
* Experience with at least one of the following: Public Safety communications systems, Cellular infrastructure, Military communications Civil construction experience desired Proficient in Microsoft Office (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint & Project)
* PM Masters Certificate a plus. PMP highly desired.
* Working towards PMP and/or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM).
* Understanding of two way radio / cellular infrastructure communications products, services, and systems.
* Understanding of local public safety customers, such as police, fire, and emergency medical services is a plus.
* Must be a self motivated team player able to work effectively with general guidance toward objectives.
* Must have excellent interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
3 - 5
3+ years of project/program management or engineering experience