- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Project Manager - Automatic Train Control
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Under administrative direction, plans/conducts/directs a major project with unique or controversial problems;
2. Provides administrative and technical management over more than one major function;
3. Responsible for establishing and periodically reviewing time-and-hour budgets and meeting those budgets on the projects he or she personally manages;
4. Periodically reviews project schedule and progress on the projects he or she personally manages;
5. Outlines more difficult problems and methods of approach for other engineers;
6. Supervises or coordinates several varied assignments simultaneously;
7. Maintains liaison with individuals outside the firm;
8. Identifies potential business development with existing clients and takes an active or lead role in the proposal process;
9. Presents contract to client for signature;
10. Maintains continued relationship with client after project is finished to assure securing future work the client may have;
11. Reviews and analyzes a variety of scientific data to determine requirements to meet objectives;
12. Assists client as required to monitor performance of contractors;
13. Performs non-routine and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting significant portions of a large and diverse project;
14. Serves as the firm's responsible contact with specific clients;
15. Applies intensive/diversified knowledge of engineering/scientific principals/practices in broad areas of assignment and related fields;
16. Calculates cost and determines feasibility of project based on analysis of collected data;
17. Prepares or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, and designs for project, and;
18. Seeks technical support for tasks outside his/her area of expertise.
Manage a project team of engineers and technicians on a major task order based contract with the execution of Automatic Train Control Tasks. Task assignments will involve multiple disciplines including:
* Automatic train control system design such as block layout, headway and runtime calculations;
* Coordination of systems interfaces between Automatic Train Control, Traction Power, Communications and Track;
* Relay based train control design;
* Microprocessor based train control design;
* Systems integration and testing;
* Systems reliability, maintainability, accessibility and safety (RAMS);
* Preparation of technical specifications, drawings and contract documents for large and small train control projects;
* Performance of analyses, studies, inspections etc., and;
* Preparation of professional summary of findings, reports, procedures, plans, etc.
Candidate Specification The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
* Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
* Professional Engineer s License or the ability to obtain registration in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia is highly preferred;
* Ten years related experience in railway systems engineering with a specialization in railway signaling and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience;
* A strong background in North American Railway Signaling practices. Familiarity with FRA, AREMA and CENELEC standards for railway signaling;
* Familiar with major transit agencies and railway operators such as WMATA, MBTA, Metrolinx, TTC, CSX, BNSF, CN and CP;
* At least 5 years of experience in managing successful projects;
* Demonstrated ability to manage and work with multi-discipline technical teams covering all rail and transit technical disciplines;
* Motivated self-starter able to work reliably and efficiently with minimal supervision.
* Must have ability to travel to clients and job sites and be willing to attend meetings after business hours.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals