Project Manager - Automatic Train Control
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Under administrative direction, plans/conducts/directs a major project with unique or controversial problems;
2. Provides administrative and technical management over more than one major function;
3. Responsible for establishing and periodically reviewing time-and-hour budgets and meeting those budgets on the projects he or she personally manages;
4. Periodically reviews project schedule and progress on the projects he or she personally manages;
5. Outlines more difficult problems and methods of approach for other engineers;
6. Supervises or coordinates several varied assignments simultaneously;
7. Maintains liaison with individuals outside the firm;
8. Identifies potential business development with existing clients and takes an active or lead role in the proposal process;
9. Presents contract to client for signature;
10. Maintains continued relationship with client after project is finished to assure securing future work the client may have;
11. Reviews and analyzes a variety of scientific data to determine requirements to meet objectives;
12. Assists client as required to monitor performance of contractors;
13. Performs non-routine and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting significant portions of a large and diverse project;
14. Serves as the firm's responsible contact with specific clients;
15. Applies intensive/diversified knowledge of engineering/scientific principals/practices in broad areas of assignment and related fields;
16. Calculates cost and determines feasibility of project based on analysis of collected data;
17. Prepares or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, and designs for project, and;
18. Seeks technical support for tasks outside his/her area of expertise.
Manage a project team of engineers and technicians on a major task order based contract with the execution of Automatic Train Control Tasks. Task assignments will involve multiple disciplines including:
* Automatic train control system design such as block layout, headway and runtime calculations;
* Coordination of systems interfaces between Automatic Train Control, Traction Power, Communications and Track;
* Relay based train control design;
* Microprocessor based train control design;
* Systems integration and testing;
* Systems reliability, maintainability, accessibility and safety (RAMS);
* Preparation of technical specifications, drawings and contract documents for large and small train control projects;
* Performance of analyses, studies, inspections etc., and;
* Preparation of professional summary of findings, reports, procedures, plans, etc.
Candidate Specification The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
* Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
* Professional Engineer s License or the ability to obtain registration in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia is highly preferred;
* Ten years related experience in railway systems engineering with a specialization in railway signaling and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience;
* A strong background in North American Railway Signaling practices. Familiarity with FRA, AREMA and CENELEC standards for railway signaling;
* Familiar with major transit agencies and railway operators such as WMATA, MBTA, Metrolinx, TTC, CSX, BNSF, CN and CP;
* At least 5 years of experience in managing successful projects;
* Demonstrated ability to manage and work with multi-discipline technical teams covering all rail and transit technical disciplines;
* Motivated self-starter able to work reliably and efficiently with minimal supervision.
* Must have ability to travel to clients and job sites and be willing to attend meetings after business hours.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals