This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Baldwin Park, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMajor Responsibilities
* Candidates must have strong project management skills.
* Supplier risk management in conjunction with key stakeholders and partners.
* Communicate, monitor, and aggressively manage compliance with the sourcing strategy and/or business process.
* Establish close working relationships with other functions (e.g. engineering, operations, marketing, quality) to ensure full understanding and support of strategic sourcing perspective to key processes.
* Track and manage performance of suppliers and ensure that performance issues are quickly addressed.
* Identify sources of data for performance metrics, create a process to collect data, and champion the collection efforts.
* Contribute to the continuous development of sourcing knowledge base and best practice by identifying and implementing sourcing "pockets of excellence".
* Partner with key stakeholders and partners to address technical issues for components and processes (i.e., NCRs, CAPAs, etc.)
* Implement contracts to address price, Kanban/Supermarket requirements, delivery requirements, etc.
* Report performance data for assigned categories or key business processes.
Effective Knowledge of:
* Sourcing procedures, Purchasing Controls & Supplier Selection Processes
* Supplier manufacturing processes
* Production systems & logistics
* Database management
* Quality Systems
* Negotiation & Contract law
* Supplier contracts, Kanban/Supermarket
* Project Management