Project Manager - Banking/ Financial
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
NTT Data Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Project Manager- Senior- Banking/Financial
Duration: 12+ month contract
Location: Chicago, IL
In addition to standard Sr PM expertise (see below) we are seeking candidates who can demonstrate the following:
* Strong Project/Program Management expertise (preferably 5-7+ years)
* Proven Financial Services aptitude
* Exceptional organization and facilitation skills
* Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
* Solid Microsoft Office skills
* While not a hard and fast requirement, Regulatory Compliance experience/expertise is a \\"nice to have
Responsible for establishing and directing Non IT projects which have been initiated by the Accountable Executive. These include (but are not limited to) launching new products and services, Such strategic projects are often highly complex and large-scale in nature, spanning multiple functions and/or business groups. The Senior Project Manager holds the primary project relationship with senior executives and ensures that a successful business outcome is the prime measure of success.
* Directs large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matrix partners. Accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering assigned strategic projects, including all business, operational and Non IT deliverables. Manages all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with matrix business, corporate and IT partners to oversee all phases of the project, and to ensure that related project processes are completed as required (including, as applicable, change management, process management, transition to business/operations, system development, quality management, etc.). Within the context of the assigned project, responsible for building and sustaining the day-to-day relationships and communications (including project briefings) with stakeholders at various levels of the organization, including executive level, as well as other internal and external resources.Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit. Ensures there is clear linkage between the business vision/context and the project scope and objectives.
* Chairs regular core team and key governance forums (e.g. Steering Committees, Operating Committees, Decision Forums) to review progress with key constituents. Represents the interests of the project or program in various project governance and inter-department forums. Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters. Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan. Develops or ensures development of project artifacts including charter, integrated plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related PM artifacts, while complying with applicable enterprise standards (e.g. Project Management, Risk, Audit, Compliance). Monitors and controls the project. Proposes recommendations and adjustments to the Accountable Executive and publishes periodic project status reports. Contributes to improve the best practices of the project management community within the Enterprise to help drive consistency, transparency and execution excellence on projects.
* Possesses a university degree and/or 5-7 years relevant work experience.
* Industry-specific knowledge and experience is an asset
* Relationship management and consulting skills.
* Change leadership and management skills.
* Risk management skills.
* Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively.
* Stakeholder management and influencing skills.
* Business and technical acumen.
* Good presentation, written and verbal communication skills which bring clarity and precision at executive levels.
* Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
* Understanding of project management skills.
* Knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools (e.g. Clarity, ms project, sharepoint repositories, systems development life cycle (sdlc) if applicable).
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.